Sunday, October 16, 2005

Trevor Saves The Night

Trevor, my bandmate in Folk Underground , really did save the night last night. I did the old " lock keys in car " trick and only the fact that he had a spare key to my car saved me , as my car is Impossible to break into short of breaking a window. ( Trevor used to work for my Boss as well before he went off to do acting full time, hence him still having a key to my car, if you ever get a chance to see Kung Fu Hamlet, he is the voice over genius behind that wonderful production )

( there , Trevor, told you I would Blog this, even if it isn't the title you suggested, hee-hee )

Great gig last night! Wonderful fun it was, tho I am a brain dead Zombie today, and sure do wish it was a massage day, every bone in my body hurts, but it was well worth it.

It was so fun to see everyone who came down in the flesh as it were ( those of you who were there in spirit, you rocked the house as well! ) I finally got to meet the Famous Stephenie, long time friend to my Boss, who described her as " a beautiful women who looks kind of like a Brian Froud Fairy, but more on the Witchy side" yes, I knew her the moment she walked in, and now have a new friend for life. Her fiance won my heart completely the moment I met him after the first set break. I have been doing a song called Threnody for years now, off an Anni-frid Lyngstad album from 1983 and he not only knew the song, but knew the album, year and who wrote the music, ( the lyrics were Dorothy Parker ) Possibly the only bigger fan than I , that I have ever met. Good going Stephenie!!!!! ( and hellos again to her daughter who is possibly the coolest 14 year old going! )

( if you need me to tell you who Anni-frid Lyngstad is we may have nothing more to talk about, hee-hee )

Also lovely meeting Mr. Dr. Who expert from my Boss's site, been reading your comments for years and such fun to actually meet you!

Back to the gig again, very fun music! The crowd was having a fine time and it is always such lovely fun to see people walking into a pub a little unsure and reserved and watch them unfold and come together as the night progresses. ( big dancing guy, you rocked the house! ) This is truly my kind of Pub, a sort of place where anything can, and probebly will, happen ( Callahan's Bar anyone? )

Love and friends, Lorraine

4 Comments:

At 8:38 PM , Blogger invincor said...

It was nice to meet you too Lorraine. Thanks for the shout-out. I do have to quibble about the big dancing guy though... though he was amusing, he wasn't actually doing any _dancing_ as it were, just shuffling his feet about and twirling whoever else was up with him. :)
And oh, Dr. Who spinoff series just announced today, to be called "Torchwood." :)

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Let's see......the first Callahan's story I read was in Analog while I was still in high school, I think. May have to go reread them, though I have a few other books to read first including a certain Boss's new best seller.

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger invincor said...

I was just glad he and the others didn't let fly with the wedding banquet. 'Twould be messy. :)

 
At 5:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Does provigil have a sustained release purchase buspirone facial natural skin care product buspirone myla Allergic to the sun xp Gordy howe autographed mini hockey stick Mazda club 626 owners manual pharmacy drugs and medications b buspirone bupropion and buspirone comparison buspirone love pain buspirone apteki

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home