Saturday, October 15, 2005

Betty Crocker, Halloween and Full Moons

That's my little Goth Betty Crocker bandmate. I go off for a gig for a couple of hours, and she turns into the Iron Chef, hee-hee...It's one of the things I adore about her, can't wait to see what this Halloween Party looks like, our Malena does not mess around when it comes to the most important Holiday of the year!

I remember last year at Halloween, I had seen the reel of 13 Nights of Fright and found Malena's website, and started reading her journal and articles and thinking that it sounded like such a great time, like she was one of the funnest people ever and really knew how to do up Hallween right. Truth be told I thought , " that girl is the spirt of Halloween and I really really want to know her " ( mirror, mirror....)

It was another 6 weeks before I got over my shyness enough to send her a letter.

The rest , as they say, is history.

The gig last night was a strange one, lots of people there, but they sort of sat like Zombies, until the song was over then they clapped like the world was over, they didn't much talk to eachother , just sat and listened, but it didn't seem like they were enjoying themselves, tho I guess they were. Paul asked at one point " Are we the only ones drinking in here? "

Then we got to the third set, and everyone who was left was mightily drinking, ye gads. Someone started sending up Bourban shots to the stage, and as the one member of the band who doesn't drink, I was fine, but the rest of the stage was getting pretty happy. Full on madness I say, madness. I am a girl of extreems , but for gigs give me an even night where people are happy and just having some fun. Not that I mind full on Madness. Madness has it's place to be sure.

How close are we to the full moon? And what will tonights little darlings turn out to be?

Come down to Charlies pub tonight if you're around and we can find out....It would be nice to see you. Each and all of you. In the flesh or spirit.

Love and Moon Madness, Lorraine

7 Comments:

At 6:57 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

It's hard to believe it's only been a year. I wish they were re-airing 13 Nights of Fright.

Glad to hear the gig went happily, albeit strangely.

 
At 12:18 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

You can go to our downloads page and check out all the sceen shots from 13 Nights. I wish they were doing a new one every year too. We had so much fun doing it.

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Hee hee, that reminds me - we just had a movie night over here of The Day The Earth Stood Still (13 Nights of Fright edition of course). The best part was looking at the faces of a couple of the boys in the room when I made a passing remark suggesting that I knew "the girl holding up the corset" well enough that I could contact her should I need to. Let it not be said that Malena can't hold the attention of an audience just by walking into a room. :)

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Just to answer your question about the full moon, even if I am a little late: it was this morning (Monday) at 7:14 am CDT with a partial lunar eclipse at 7:02 am CDT. I'm pretty sure the moon had already set here in Texas, though last year's full lunar eclipse in October was VERY visible where I live.

The next new moon is November 1st at 7:25 pm CST, so Samhain will be nice and dark. Maybe only a tiny sliver of a C showing. Interesting time for the veils to be thin. :)

 
At 10:51 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Mousey! Thank you for sharing that tidbit! Sometimes I forget what I look like on the outside. I am such a nerd I forget until someone looks at me in that funny "celebrity" way, then I turn around wondering who they are talking about and..it's me.
I'm just a goth betty crocker. Everyone on the set of 13 Nights was surprised at my Gollum voice and my Alvin and the Chipmunks imitations. You gotta keep a sense of humor when your breath is the only thing holding up your corset, you know?

So, A, the veil will be the thinnest on Halloween. How fitting and fabulous for us! (CD) I always want to do magic. And this year, we get to share it with you. Last year you saw me and this Halloween you hear me. Soon you will know all the facets of Malena...well almost!

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:57 PM , Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home