Monday, November 07, 2005

Gigging Tuesday!

Wheee-hoo! Just got a call from Johnny from the Tim Malloys ( who I call Big Sexy! ) and he confirmed I'll be playing with them tomorrow night ( Tuesday ) from 9:30 to 1:00am, at the Half Time Rec in St Paul.

I love playing with those guys, the other member is Adam Stemple, who you all know from Mirror Mirror, both producer and guitarist. He is seriously one of the best players I have ever worked with and I learn SO much every time we work together.
( mighty fine writer he is too....Singer Of Souls, people, pick up a copy)

Big Sexy, who you will get a chance to hear on the forthcoming LaM St Pats Day EP, is no mean player himself. I am really really happy for another chance to make some music with the originial Bad Boys of the Irish Scene. ( can you tell??? )

If you are in Minneapolis/ St Paul, come down and say Hi and have a pint or two. Anything, and I do mean anything, might and most likely will, happen.

Love and Music, Lorraine aka Rainbow Brite

7 Comments:

At 11:56 AM , Blogger Maure said...

Damnit. If only I had a working teleporter or something. St. Paul is just too far away for a quick rush up and back between workdays.

*cough* maybe you should tour in support of Mirror Mirror, and make a stop in Chicago . . .

 
At 7:46 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

my little Scotchguard Queen!
i wish i were coming to hear you weave your magic.
a big shout-out from me to that Big Sexy & Adam too.
tell him i adored the Singer of SOuls.
(much better than The Dirt, which is, by the way, All true and being made into a film...oy!)
tomorrow i go and visit your Darling Mal and we are going to exchange readings & weep over missing you.
love & electric car kisses.
me

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger K said...

Have fun!

Malena's Corset/Makeover/General Fabulousness Lessons Panel sounds SO cool...

I still have little hope of getting to the con (I'll be getting married and - I've just found out - probably starting my Master's around then, so will be busy, poor and devoid of holiday to take) but maybe she'd put her wisdom on the Web afterwards? Hints and tips, kind of thing? I really liked the advice on which corsets suit which shapes!

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger K said...

That was me, Kirsten, by the way!

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I just want to say that I am harboring deeeeeep Prius envy.

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

I'd be happy to post my corset tips! Great idea. Of course we will made it fun HERE on the web for anyone who can't make our gigs. After all, it's all of you who make this LaMie club special.
XOXO
Malena

 
At 11:43 PM , Blogger Calisto said...

Hi
I am new to St. Paul and absolutely taken with the idea of a corset..can you please help?Where do I go?I have done a bit of reading but unable to locate where exactly to go and get it personally done...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home