Friday, November 18, 2005

Calenders and Service

Today I went to Office Depot, one of my favourite stores ( hey, I live in the country, there's not a lot out here ) to buy my next years calenders. One large plastic year long thing that I put up to write down the next years schedule and keep track of where the Boss will be when and one for the desk to keep track of daily appointments.

The large year long one was $15 , a little steep , but, well, I need it and it IS plastic, what the heck.

The desk calender was $25.

Now, I am talking about your basic , plain, month by month, tear it off , paper calender. Not coloured. No Cartoon charecters. No inspiring sayings. No eagle picutres. No gold inlay on leather.

Just PLAIN.

I ask the nice Office Depot Person " Can this be right ???? Possibly an error? " No, says she, that's right. " Doesn't this seem a LITTLE steep? " asks I

Yes...Says she. Then tells me , in a sort of conspiritory way, that Office Depot has a version for $2.99.

Sign me up I say, and she takes me to the apparently Secret Calender Area , in another part of the store, and Yup, there they are. $2.99.

It is the same calender. Except for a very small Office Dept Logo in one corner.

$2.99. Or $25. Go figure. Same thing.

Thought I would share.

On another note, when I picked Prius up from the dealer ( it was getting it's Detailing ) I asked about getting the little sticker I have always had which tells one when it wil need a Service, oil or whatnot. The dealers looked at me sadly and I said..Oh. You are trying to tell me the Car will let me know. It talks.

Yes, they said.....

Live and learn,
Lorraine



5 Comments:

At 6:42 PM , Blogger invincor said...

Ah, but will anyone around here know how to fix the car if it breaks down?

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

hmm, how about turning the little sensors OFF once you FIX THE PROBLEM. My toyota tells me the tire pressure is low. so i ck the tire pressures, feeling rather smug and one is 5 lb of pressure low. fix tire. indicator refuses to turn off. spend the next hour trying to find in the owner's manual how to tell it its ok. aaah technology.... And I will remember the calendar as I go to Office Depot next week to start getting ready for next year - thanks!

 
At 2:09 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

hey you office depot pinup calendar girl!!
i know, i go every year to Staples (possible anagram for satan+?) to buy my yearly book thingy and it is over 30 bucks. it is a blank journal with dates on it. not a work of magic fiction or insightful biography. Bllaaaaank!
but man, i am hooked... a book junkie. i buy it.
but don't you know, i bitch about it! hahahaha
Lolo, come for dinner tomorrow. i know. just get on the plane. Malena, we can pick her up, right?
ok, me to bed, after 18 hour day of serving rockstars.
oxoxox Kitters

 
At 5:06 PM , Blogger Stardustgirl said...

All this about talking cars and stubborn senseless senors reminds me to go out to the garage and plant a big kiss on the hood of my 29 year old, all mechanical all the time, carburetor-totin', computerless, machine of big orange happiness. But yeah, AAA is a must-have for the vintage ones too. So far in its life it's only had one on-the-road mechanical failure (knocking on a even older wood desk as I type that), and the engine and transmission are still the original ones.

What kind of goodies does it have? Killer stereo? Funny decoration? Mango car air freshener? ;-)

 
At 3:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Free cum swallowing stories Wilson silver cross pram mattress Sofas and suites peugeot 206 cc horn salema sofa Parkelane realty sofa chaise lounge freund sofa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home