Monday, November 21, 2005

Plain Malena Jane

Our friend was over at the house yesterday putting a light in my closet. That meant we had to move everything out of Lorraine's bedroom/my studio. Between the trips of moving clothes, He said, "Malena, are all your clothes this..well, spooky?"
I thought that was really cute. I didn't realise how odd my wardrobe looked to the outside person. (The reason I needed a light is because all my clothes are variations of black) I like to call it, "The bruise pallette" All shades of red, purple, blue, black and green.
I can't wait for Balticon so I can wear all this stuff. I wore a "casual little number" to an audition the other day and the PA said,
"Ah, you might want to dress up a little when you meet so and so." I said, "Like this?"
I guess my dark purple snake skin dress wasn't it. Nooooooo! He ehe
From now on, I am going to wear black pants and a waiters shirt..and flats. Most actors are short. I must seem like a Russ Meyers girl to them. And that's really not what I want to portray, now is it. He ehee I'm more of a spiritual vampire looking creature who can act...and sing!

Lorraine will be gigging on thanksgiving. I on the other hand will be cooking for Miles and all our industry friends. Maybe I should make carrots wrapped in lettuce with a celery puree'! I'm always working on my figure too, but I say,
Let's get crazy for just one day! Brownies and cheesecake for all! I'll have to take photos of me in my black satin apron. So, eat, drink and be merry everyone. It's only one day!

8 Comments:

At 6:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

oh Malena, do I sympathize, as a tall actress myself. i often have to try to look less...i don't know, what is it? Tragic Victorian? and shorter, please. and skinnier, please. and not me, please.

i remember someone once told me that Geena Davis, who is apparently like six feet tall, would go to auditions in super high heels, and when people remarked on her crazy height, she'd say, "oh, it's just the heels that make me look tall." brilliant.

 
At 9:15 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Hey Adriana,
I check out your site. Good golly miss Molly, you've got quite a resume'
I LOVE LOVE LOVE theatre. I think Neil Gaiman should write a tragic musical. (With all that spare time he's got!)

Next time I go on an audition, I'll try that trick. I wore heels to an audition once, and the guy said, How tall are you with out those shoes? I said, Oh, about 5'10"..slouching terribly. Well, there are lots of leading ladies who are tall. Uma Thurman, Geena Davis, andddddddd well, lots of other women I can't name right now. hee hee OH, and Malena Teves and Adriana Roze! That's who! We can't forget the new up and coming divas you know! heee

 
At 11:44 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

i think TALLER the BETTAH! come on you lovely actresses, channel your inner Amazon Queen. yes, the leading men are shorty pants but that means nothing.

back from night one of Depeche Mode, trying to get something signed for the mighty Bird Chick, who is a long-time DM lover. great show, they have an igloss or a space ship, not sure which it is...

wish i was going to be helping with the industry cookoff for Mal & Miles, cause i know lotsa tricksies.
but i am going to Portland to check out the land grab.
good night, my beauties. Love the Baby Malena photo, okay Lolo, your turn...!

 
At 11:45 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

ok, make that "igloo", no accounting for exhausted typing in the dark.

 
At 12:46 AM , Blogger kali_licious said...

"the bruise pallette"

I love it! But then again, that's pretty much my whole closet too.

 
At 1:37 AM , Blogger K said...

Yup - I may not have the vampire glamour, but I also have to identify my clothes by feel because of all the black. Although I am wearing a grey skirt today (with black T-shirt, sweater, tights and shoes. Oh well. Colours are for summer!)

You're right, a lot of the theatre-y people I know are short. (Apart from the guy who is 6'7... but he's mostly a stand-up comic. Perhaps I could persuade him to change direction?)

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Okay. Add tall actress number three to the mix, though I've never done any professional work. I got tired of being cast as a middle-aged mother or bitch, or both, even when I was 18. Now that I'm less than a month shy of 44, have two girls under 5, and like where I'm living, I'm not so interested in going through the whole process of acquiring roles. I'll go back to being a bard in the Society for Creative Anachronism in a few years. :)

 
At 6:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Chrome wheels and tires online Time valium stays in system Ppc dig dug game Fucking through the ass virus scan N 2 diazepam Free paris hilton nude video Rhinoplasty vocalist Customized floor mats auto Soccer goal keeper pads patents Financial power of attorney form free opt in email marketing kissimmee answering service Phentermine and venlafaxine hcl interaction nba basketball Waterloo liposuction

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home