Saturday, January 07, 2006

Celtic Music and Corsets



Ok, so while Lorraine is having a celtic do-wappen' time at the pub with Paul, Miles and I are doing corsets. FYI, Lorraine was my "stylist assistant" for these photos. The shoot went soooo much faster thanks to her un-lacing skills. Good thing we're not a boy band, ah? Paul looks so happy with his Baz#&$(^#%. Did I spell that right Lolo? Can't wait to hear this new instrument Paul!

Miles and I just got back from a walk with the pigdogs. I've been thinking, it is sooo easy to get down on yourself for all the things you do wrong. How often do we sit back and look at all the things we've accomplished?? ...never really if you're like me. For me, 2005 was about removing everything that wasn't good for me like, candy, processed food, TV, energetically taxing people and soda. In order for new patterns to make effect, I had to remove the ones that were impeding my progress.
We should all give ourselves a pat on the back for all the things we did RIGHT last year!

Question, Do you like the white background on the photo better than the grey?

11 Comments:

At 11:18 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

hello darlings
and good morning miss Mal.
the white background says something different to me than grey, bit more grown up, bit less school-photo-ish, yet i still prefer the grey!
let's get some crimson blood red drop paper.
i love these photos of you, Miles & Lolo really set you up this time, they are so good. You are so good.
i feel like it's a new year--
it is time for a new kitty photo shoot. am going to the farmer's mkt, will call you when i return.
xoxo me

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

I haven't seen the photo with the grey background; however, the white background, while it looks good to me, does look kind of cut and paste.

Just my 2 cents.

 
At 2:45 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

I do like the high contrast of the white background in relation to your hair and corset, it's arresting. I haven't seen the grey, but that probably showcases the entire body better, as the white makes it a bit difficult to discern skin tones (at least on my computer). It all depends on the goal of the pic - is it for your portfolio? maybe the grey, is it to sell the corset? maybe the white. I'm sure both are handsome! Hmm, as far as the new year goes, I just got done with the last holiday family gathering, and now can start resolving those changes. I wish all of us luck!

 
At 5:06 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Very well put about removing oneself from bad patterns, Malena.

 
At 12:47 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Ivenotime_
Yes, the photos are to sell corsets. I will be bringing some cool stuff with me to Balticon.

Thanks to all who added their email addresses to our mailing list. We are getting some LaMie surprises ready to send out, so subscribe if you haven't already. Mailing addresses would be good too. YOu can send them to: lorraineamalena@gmail.com

Lorraine's birthday is Februaury 15th, and I've got a few ideas on how to celebrate. More on that later. Wehooo. LUV you guys!

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Malena: I already signed up for the email list. Did either of you keep snail mail addresses for those of us who ordered for ourselves? Or do we need to resend them? :)

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Malena, cool, hope I can get to Balticon to see the goodies! I'm not sure if I am on the email list or not - so I will forward that too. So I choose the white background, really showcases the corset (which is lovely) Hmmm, it sounds like a chocolate fest will soon be in order to celebrate all February bdays (Beezee's is in Feb as well!!)

 
At 2:36 AM , Blogger K said...

Um, how do you subscribe to the mailing list? Do you just e-mail Lorraine to do that too?

 
At 6:19 PM , Blogger Malena said...

K
There's a link on our website (upper right)
OR just email us at:
lorraineamalena@gmail.com

For those who have ordered, we do have your info.
Thanks

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger ravyn said...

well i'm wrapping up my week here with Lisa Snellings-Clark, and yes we did do the corset thing :-D

Lisa posted a photo to her blog: Slaughterhouse Studios

It's just a glimpse, come to Balticon to see the rest, hehe.

 
At 5:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home