Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Zombie Lorraine

My Boss blogs quite a bit and every so often he would come in very grumpy and explain he had just typed the most wonderful entry , full of facts and fascinating bits of things , only to have it vanish due to some sort of computer weirdness , taking the work of the past hour with it.

I don't think I was ever properly sympathetic. Now I know. Ah, my yesterday's entry, so full of wit, wisdom and most likely the finest thing anyone has ever written...Gone , gone it was....

I am running out of interesting things to say about Texas. Actually, I am a Zombie. Life gigging on the road has narrowed to Eat , Show , Eat, Sleep , Eat, Show, and Sleep again, but never for long enough. And I am to the point where I don't much care which of them is coming up next. I have learned that Teleprompters are hypnotic, and not to watch them during the speeches. Waking up from some sort of trance , to find yourself on stage dressed as a cowboy in front of a thousand people is un-nerving, to say the least.

I did find SPA yesterday afternoon. Ah, spa. I walked in to find the hot tub and started talking to the front desk. Never walk into a spa as Zombie Girl, they could have sold me anything. Sign me up, says I, for what says they, What ever says I, it all looks good.

I had my hot tub.

I got my toes painted Blood Red. Always wanted blood red toes.

I signed up for massage .

I had my first facial, by some sort of Facial Goddess named Tilley. Tilley was great, she had wonderful taste in music , meaning she liked all the same bands that I did and we had a great time together and I learned many things I did not know about what goes on regarding your face . I got to experience The Mask and felt more like Alien Malena than Zombie Lorraine. Tilley got to hear much more than maybe she wanted to about Lorraine a' Malena and at one point said " You two must be nervous and excited beyond belief to have done all this and know you are going to meet for the first time in just a few days "

Yes. Yes , I said, that would about cover it.

I spoke to Malena a while ago, and she has apparently gone on some sort of Corset Frenzy. " I just ordered you another corset" says she . " But you ordered one for me yesterday , and if I am not mistaken, the day before as well" quoth I. " Well, yes " she informs me " you are going to look REALLY great "

Hard to pin that girl down.

Tomorrow I do the show one more time and fly home. It's the first time in years I haven't had a gig on St Pats Day, so I am going to dance the night away at First Avenue, with the Tim Malloys and Boiled in Lead. In my cowboy clothes, I think. ( no, I do not need some sort of Country and Western intervention, I can stop any time I want to...)

For now, it’s the point in the day where we do the show one more time, and then eat, then I go back to the Mustard Room for one more night, where I am hoping my band mate, the one with the Red or Magenta Skin and Long Dark hair ( uh, that's YOU , Malena, don't leave me alone my last night in Texas!!! I really really need you!!! I know your best friend has turned into a Zombie, but these things happen. I never said a word when you turned into an Alien...) will call up and tell me more about these corsets, and the fun we are going to have next week, or even just sing me to sleep, once again.

Happy St Patrick’s Day , everyone!

Lorraine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home