Monday, March 14, 2005

Red Girls, Texas and Corsets

Painted Red? Tomorrow Magenta? Yesterday a Mummy? That girl does lead an interesting life. I suppose my little " well I had a 6:30 am call this morning , where I sound checked and then got dressed in my purple cowgirl clothes , AND my pink hat and then sat around a fake campfire and played for 900 builders " isn't going to sound quite as exciting.....Malena, my dear, wash that red paint off, get your mind back on our music and call me tonight!!!

( tho I do love the idea of pictures at this point....I will post cowgirl pics when I get back to town on Thursday, and you can post, uh, Red Girl shots and Mummy shots , the world has truly never seen a band like this before! )

The show has been going well, and last night I heard the sweetest words ever when the stage manager said " ditch the costumes and just play your own music for the reception " It was full on Folk UnderGround madness and everyone concerned had a Great time!

I agree with Malena completely on this size issue, WHO are these people making clothes for ???? How can she be considered large??? Did anyone watch 13 Nights of Fright??? This is NOT an Extra Large women here!

Sigh...

One thing I have been looking forward to with our band and our blog is answering queries and questions and comments from fans, and for the first time now , we have one. I'll take this one , Malena, and you can comment as you see fit....

Dear Sweetie, ,( where ever you are when this arrives. ) Thanks for the "link" to your Lorraine a Malena website. Gotcha. You look good and I spent some time reading the website and it is newsy. But, Girl, what's this with corsets? I remember a child of 8 who once saw a girdle of mine and who stated that she would never wear one of "those" Corsets, my, my, my. I can see that you are having fun with your talent. But WHAT is with the Corsets ???? Love, Grandma

( there is no way this is going to go over well, you know....)

Hi Grandma,

Hmm, I'll try and explain. Corsets nowadays are a little different. They are made of Leather, generally Black Leather, and not cotton, and Malena and I wear them as clothes, and not underwear. Mostly without anything under them too. You know, for photos, on stage, doing the housework....

I hope this answers your questions and doesn't effect my chances for a Birthday Present this year.

Love, Lorriane

And love and Light from Texas, says Lorraine to anyone , everyone, and in particular, to you , Malena you, who is coming to visit in just 6 days!!!!