Saturday, March 12, 2005

First Day In Texas

Corsets? More Corsets? I love way this women thinks! ( but will they go with the Pink Cowboy Hat we ask ourselves? )

If I was going to actually write down every detail of this first day in Texas it would go something like this:

Sat in a green room and played Western Music all the darn day.

But from what little I know of Blogs they should be a little bit more interesting than that and I have had a lot of time to think about this. A. Lot. Of. Time.

Texas is actually quite lovely, at least the part I saw going the ten minutes from the airport to the hotel yesterday. And it is warm. Warm is good. My room does not merit a lot of talk, it is large and everything that you could want in a hotel room, tho I would say I would never have considered decorating in quite that many shades of Mustard before.....It's like being wrapped in a warm mustard glow. I do my make-up in a warm mustard glow. Goth never looked so, well mustard before.

Except I am not Goth. I am Country. Or Western, I can never remember which...

This is a corporate gig here, at a large convention of builders and one thing I must say is that everyone is very nice, lovely people to work with. Mark Sieve, ( Puke of Puke and Snot ) we have worked with before for several years now, as an opening act for his comedy. Love him, 'nuff said. Amy the stage manager is very cool, and Marty who does Power Point ( no, no idea what that is ) has the same sort of sense of humour as us Folk UnderGround. Dinners are not dull.

I am an entertainer, have been for years. When it comes down to it , a gig is a gig. It's all normal.

It's just that some normal things are weirder than others. I am certain by the end of the week I will expound more than anyone wants to hear about the differences between music as work and music as art but for now I will just say this is very very different place than I have ever been

I did get to spend about three hours on the phone with Malena last night, wrapped in that warm mustard glow ,and by the end of it I felt pretty much back to normal, more or less. I strongly suspect, no, I know for a fact , that this is going to be a nightly thing happening . ( hear that, Witchy??? You can't leave me alone here!!! )

Not, mind you that she is in the habit of not calling, I don't think there have been more than a handful of nights when we haven't got to chat and work on songs . (When one does happen, due to schedules, and time zones, our very funny families have taken to looking all concerned and asking ' What's Wrong???Ha. Ha. )

Where was I? Oh, yes, waiting for midnight when my best friend will call and sing some more to me. For now, back to that green room.

Yee-haw,

Lorraine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home