Friday, March 11, 2005

Going to Old Texas now

Good Morning!

Well, due to the fact that I lead a very strange life, I am about to go off to Texas for a week with my Gothic Irish band , Folk UnderGround , to play Country and Western Music with half of a Renaissance Festival act called Puke and Snot. No, really. To anyone, ( which I would guess would be most people ) who are reading this and asking WHY??? I will say that when you listen to Mirror Mirror, the first Lorraine a' Malena cd, remember that about half of it wad paid for by this little jaunt.

I have cowboy boots. I have western shirts. I have a PINK cowboy hat. Sigh. The things we do for art....

I have never been to Texas. Looking on the internet I am noticing that it is warm. Warmer than where I live, (most places are), point for it.The resort we are staying at seems to feature golf. When I told Malena about this she told me in no un-certain terms that "Golf is not Goth. " I countered with " it would be the way we would play it" Golf? In corsets and long black lace skirts? The possibilities are endless.

Maybe not.

I do get to sing " Thank God I'm a Country Boy" which was my favorite song when I was 8. Also Tom Dooley, a lovely song about, near as I can tell, a guy getting hung. All 10 verses. Now we are getting back in familiar territory. We are doing " Home on the Range" and if I can sneak in some of Tori Amos' " Cherokee Version" I will be a happy lady. There is a song called " Jingle Jangle Jingle " , about the joys of not being in love, and a sweet song called " Streets of Lardeo" about a dead guy lying in the road.

Ok, maybe this won't be so bad after all.

Malena says that she will be with me the whole time. I know this means frequent text messages and as much phone time as we can squeeze in. I strongly suspect she will be in my head much of the time, too, laughing at my cowboy costume, and singing me our songs in the off times, the Banshees, the Dark Sonnets, Isabel ( who was a pretty wild lady herself, go read about her in the lyrics section ) and all the other ones we are working on about ghosts coming back for thier lovers forever more, Foxes who turn the hunt into the hunted, and Princes who turn into Death.

And I know she will meet me, as usual, down in the Haunted Mansion , where the party never stops, all the women wear black and Vampires could be your own best friend.

See you there,

Lorraine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home