Saturday, June 21, 2008

Part 2 coming up!

Hello all,

One more night of live recording....One, More. Night.

Last night was a whole lot of fun, tho I don't know if we got anything we could use, it makes one a little weird when you keep thinking how perfect it has to be, but once we forgot about THAT we had fun.

There was a group of Decidedly NOT People Like Us in there for a B'day gathering when we got there to st up, I wasn't worried as I was sure they would move on, but they got a little drunker, and demanding we sing Happy B'day for their friend (Hey, before start time, and no tip? Now way...) They weren't even nice about it. Some of the people who came to see us were getting worried and talking about leaving, as this group was no fun, and I said, sit tight, I have a Plan.

After the Sound Check song, I simply said, loud and clear " THANKS FOR COMING DOWN TO OUR LIVE CD RECORDING! DAN AND MATT HERE ARE ALSO BROADCASTING LIVE BOTH AUDIO AND VIDEO OVER THE WEB RIGHT NOW YOU WILL BE SEEN ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!"

You never saw people bail so fast! I was so proud. Then I told everyone who was there to see us that I made that up, and we got the last laugh!

One more night, where I will try and remember not to talk over the intros to the songs, and try and pace the show a little better, and ost of all,

Try to Rock.

Wish you were here! THEN it would be a party! More tales of Adventure With Dan Guy tomorrow! Stay Tuned!

Love Lorraine

11 Comments:

At 3:27 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Sorry for the typos, world's fastest blog. Off to the gig now!!!!!!!

Here's hoping for some ROCK!!!!!!!!

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Live blogging currently in progress!

Feel free to leave comments on the last entry over at paulandlorraine.com!

 
At 10:13 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Brilliant idea! :)
You ARE wicked, sometimes, you know that? All the more fun for it too.

Got up late today (at 06:30) so missed all the live twittering. I hope Paul's speech about thanking the menatodes has been recorded.

 
At 10:38 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

It is ALL recorded! Yay for live show taping.

 
At 11:14 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Oh yes, the Good The Bad and the Ugly! We got our rock.

I would actually have to say, it was one of the best shows I have ever done. it never stopped, and I loved most every minute..

I love it wen that happens. Some beautiful music. SOme other stuff.

So ends my detailed concert report.

Sleep now. Think later.

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Yey! glad all went well - i missed all the live stuff too - dan u r amazing! off to airport now - will catch up later, have a great day all!

 
At 11:31 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Where are you going, Sue?

Lovely day here in the Land of I am a Zombie. All about the Garden and Bees. Nice change of pace I say.

 
At 12:09 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Garden and bees sound like a perfect Sunday plan.

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger AletaMay said...

Congratulations on a great weekend to Lorraine, Paul, Dylan, Matt and Dan! It sounds like Saturday was even better than Friday which I thought was wonderful. I am very sad to have missed the Firefly theme. Oh well, maybe next time. Can't wait to hear the results of all of your hard work.

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Actually, Firefly song didn't go so well, it's in a key I am not good at. In fact, I could not figure out WHAT key it was in...

I do think tho, that may have been the best show I ever did, sets 1 & 2 anyway....

 
At 8:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend was had. Wish I could've been there, but hey, that's what recordings are for, right?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home