Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wonder Woman and Cthulhu




What a beautiful day it has been. HOT too. Some areas on LA hit 100 degrees today. I'm getting used to it, the heat. I'd like to thank all of you for your beautiful birthday wishes, paintings and poems. I got a beautiful one from Michael Zulli today. His work is so ethereal and magic. Here's a cute drawing from Nathalie that I think need to be a Salem greeting card titled,


"Malena, The vigilante witch"


NOTICE the BOXING glove! Love it!





I have a busy weekend planned. Tomorrow, I'm going out with my friends. David's twin brother Daniel is getting married Saturday and I am the hair and makeup girl. I made her hairpiece tonight with pearls and roses. I love to do such things. On Sunday, I'm going shooting at an indoor range in Calabasas. Wehoooooooooo! Then it's martial arts training with Mr. Lau. LOVE THAT! Miles bought me THE Wonder Woman cape, Cthulhu earrings (yes ebay is the place), some spidery things, a vampira tank top and gladiatrix flat boots. I feel loved. Can't wait to be in shape for Halloween and wear it. I have the whole outfit except the hotpants and the bustier...which will be custom made in spandex of course.

Tonight is the full moon, so at 12 midnight my time, (yes 5 mintues away) I will be out praying in the courtyard. Say your prayers tonight and make your needs known to the universe. I know prayer works. I see it everyday with so many clients and friends. I will be thinking of all of you tonight. Thank you for all your love and support all these years. Lorraine and I have the best blog going thanks to all of you.


Love and Magic,


Malena

16 Comments:

At 1:14 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Beautiful picture of you. And a magic painting indeed.

 
At 1:15 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

I am intrigued by the Cthulhu earrings. Picture?

 
At 6:02 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

darling drawing nathalie! and bday blessings again to you malena! sounds like it was a magnificent day, your gifts sound so very cool and the full moon was indeed beautiful, wasn't it? and it is the first day of summer isn't it? Oh, and you must share your gift from Lorraine when you receive it as we are all quite intrigued! Dan, you know we are quite jealous, yes? Have a wonderful time!

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Love the picture, Nathalie! That's SO our girl!

We will, if Malena says we can, post a picture of her Present, which I have it on good word will be arriving next Friday or Saturday.

Generally, I get her bats or spiders, the usual things, but this year I thought I might do something different....

( Now that we are talking about it, I really hope she likes it...)

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger EmilyLady said...

When you said it was a full moon and that you would be outside at midnight, I was thinking you were going to do something dark and witchy. But good for you. Prayer is a good alternative.

I also love Michael Zulli -- he's one of my very favorite artists of all.

Now, I don't want to judge anyone by the music she makes, but ... I can very easily imagine that you and Lorraine love Halloween.

Good for you for having such a wonderful day!

~Emily

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

These two would have halloween all year round! In fact, they do. It's just the rest of the world doing nonsensical things instead.
Hence the love for zombies.
Speaking of which...
A zombie a day (takes the longing for halloween away) AND
Get yourself zombified

 
At 12:17 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Oh yes! i will take some photos of the cthulhu earrings and also of Lorraine's ellusive present. I'll be doing my "Midnight with Malena" event all day friday and saturday, so I hope I don't miss it in the mail. Friday I am doing the windows of the store and "Malena-fying" the store. Oh what fun!

The zombie site is very cute!

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

You won't miss it, I am ONTO Fed Ex like a Demon.

Halloween? US??????

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger Malena said...

they have nOOOOooooo idea. My house is creature headquarters. With all Miles sculptures and paintings and my leather and fangs, there isn't an inch anywhere that ISN'T Halloween. I love it though. Photos on the way!

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Beautiful painting , loved the drawing of you on a broomstick! Gald to know that you had a great birthday. Damn, it is hot; I had to spend the day in Pasadena and almost baked alived!

 
At 5:51 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I am currently liveblogging show #1 on twitter!

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger EmilyLady said...

Lorraine, I've been wearing my new t-shirt a lot -- and my six-year-old brother heartily disapproves of it ("Stop wearing that CREEPY SHIRT!").

~Emily

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Twitter is fine but I get frustrated of not being able to comment...
Thanks for the pictures.

 
At 11:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice drawing, Nathalie!

Malena, you have to show what the Cthulhu earrings look like, you realize. Otherwise there might be curiosity-related deaths.

And, it'll be Midsummer in just a bit, so enjoy the shortest night!

 
At 5:57 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Feel free to leave comments here or over at paulandlorraine.com, spacedlaw!!

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Aren't you concerned about having Cthulhu so close to your brain? Me? I have a healthy fear of the Elder Gods. :P

And yay for Live Twitter updates!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home