Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dogs and Ponies and Heart, Oh My!

I took Dog today to the MN Horse Expo, which turned out to be a much better idea than it might first sound. It was all REALLY new to him, and as far as smells go, he found plenty. We got to put into practice all the things we have been learning in Canine Good Citizen Class, meeting and greeting, leash walking with out going berserk, letting new people pet you ( him, not me ) and just being in a place where there is a LOT going on.

We made a LOT of new friends.

For my part I got to see the most magic Horse Thing ever. My favourite horse is the Friesen, and the last act of the Expo was four Friesens who wore, well, long tubes of light, down their legs, along their manes and tails. The lights in the stadium were off and they danced and pranced, like some sort of scene from a futuristic movie.

I also fell head over heels in LOVE. Kid you not. A friend of ours had the most beautiful horse, tall, long mane and tail, white and chestnut paint. Half Friesen and half Saddlebred. He loved me too, which Cabel the Dog did not like. I left the Dog with my friends daughter when I went to cuddle with the Nice Horsie and that was the only time he freaked. The horsie's owner fell in love with Cabel the Dog, and I offered a straight up trade, as the nice Horsie was, of course, for sale.

She didn't go for it. Said the nice Horsie was $10,000. I tried to explain that was slightly less than the nice Doggie was worth, but it didn't go far. Boss might not have liked it either.

Nice Horsie tho.

Tomorrow I am going to start introducing Cabel the Dog to Zoe the Cat. Zoe, you may recall has been living in my extra room, on a diet. We are hoping to change Cabel's evil Cats Must Die attitude and have them live in peace and harmony. Slow process, I am thinking. I have been rubbing Zoe with a towel and then taking it and rubbing Cabel with it, and working on putting the cat scented towel down and doing LEAVE IT at Cabel, which is going well.

The introductions will be Very Controlled. I have been reading everything I can find online, but if anyone out there has any advice, I'd love to hear it.

And finally, thanks to Miss Kitty and her hanging out with Gods of the 80's and a late night phone call with the Mighty Kimbo ( Director of our very nearly done video ) I am going out east in August to see Journey, HEART and Cheap Trick! Me and the Mighty Kimbo, three bands, one show! Heart. THERE is my youth. I never got to see them live, and apparently, they are back again. Open air theater, dancing in the sun!

I can't wait!

Love, Dogs, Ponies, and Heart,
Lorraine

12 Comments:

At 6:24 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

Horsie will come live with you. Maybe you will drive by him, and he will follow you home, by the light of his lit up legs...
and BY THE WAY-
Red can probably hook us up with Journey tickets and I will have you notice i say WE because i am INVITING myself.
we will confer further and scheme.
Malena? Heart? COME ON!

"dog & butterfly!"

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

YEA! Kitty this is great! Tickets are way $$$. We will talk, and YES! You are SO coming!!!!!!

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Sounds like fun!!! I had never heard of a Friesen, googled them - they are beautiful horses. My favorite is the Morgan, but these are really exquisite. Maybe boss won't realize the dog is Much Taller and doesn't fit in house as well. and just think, perhaps the horse will behave much better with kittie. It could work! and the concerts - journey, heart...you will have a marvelous time, and well deserved I might add.

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

There is that point, thst Horie might get on better with Cat....They had small wagons at the Expo that miniture horses pulled, and the tiny horses were the same size as Dog. Had a think about that.

Yes, Friesans are SO lovely. The Ladyhawk (great movie that ) horse was one. I only wish...Tried to talk my Horse Trainer Friend into getting one, someone I know needs to get one.

I would have a horse in a second if I had time. I may be going in on one, ( not however a Friesan, sadly ) I need to be around them again...

 
At 8:57 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

So Cabell is jealous of a horse. ::shaking head:: I guess it's better than being jealous of another person. He'll learn better.

Friesians are beautiful. I saw Ladyhawke three, or four, times in the theatre when it came out, all free. That was when I lived in Dallas. Not so many free previews in Waco or Temple, but the ticket prices are cheaper.

Glad you had fun!

The triple concert sounds wonderful! I'm sure you'll have fun then, too! I'm almost jealous.

 
At 10:26 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

How's Zoe's diet going? Does she get enough cuddles even though she doesn't get a friendly head to sleep on anymore?

That horse ballet you saw reminded me of one I saw in Amsterdam a few years ago, by French group Zingaro. If you ever get to see one of their shows, GO. They are truly magic and what they manage to do with their horses is incredible.

 
At 4:56 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

the last act of the Expo was four Friesens who wore, well, long tubes of light, down their legs, along their manes and tails. The lights in the stadium were off and they danced and pranced, like some sort of scene from a futuristic movie.

It's HorseTRON!

Don't tell this guy; he'll want one.

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Very funy Dan!!! That's kind of like what I saw. Sort of.

Zoe is not getting enough cuddles. I dont' have enough time here, and these darn Bengals take up most of it. That's why we are going to try this, so she can be with people again.

If this doesn't work, we may have to try and find a home for her. She needs to eat her special diet food, so she has to be in a place with no free choice feeding. She is such a sweet kitty, and loves to sleep with someone.

The concert will be fun. I'm not a real Journey Fan, but Heart and Cheap Trick?????

 
At 7:43 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

She's such a sweetie. Too bad I am not there to give her all the cuddles and exercise she needs.
It's a shame she does not get along with the mad Bengals cause they would get her to move.

 
At 7:57 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Yes, I thought about trying to get them along, but the Kittens need Free Choice dry food out, and Zoe would get fat again. Also, the Bengals are SO high strung and not adverse, as we know, to showing their diepleasure. They have to go to the vet today, one can only imagine...

This just in from Softskull, another great Lonely Werewolf Girl review!!!!!!

http://www.chasingray.com/archives/2008/04/recent_reads_2.html

 
At 8:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friesans are so beautiful, aren't they? They were my favorite part of the year I worked for the joust at faire... well, them and the hawt knight I worked with. Okay, the horses were my second favorite part.

The way I introduced my Dog and the cats to each other was to sequester the cats in my bathroom, then let them sniff each other through the door; I also put Dog on a tether, and would pick up a cat, then go hold and pet the cat in front of Dog, while feeding Dog treats. (Not Easy At All) It took me about a week of constant reinforcing that, no, these were just oddly-shaped puppies. It worked a bit too well -- Dog used to carry around the kittens in her mouth, which they hated, let me tell you. Dog slobber all over their fur.

Good luck with taking the Bengals to the vet... hopefully their Softpaws are all nice and tightly on.

 
At 8:45 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

All the softpaws are snuggly on, not to worry. No blood will, hopefully, be lost.

Zoe is installed in the basement now, which gives her about 4 times the room as she had at my house. Cabal is out on his walk and has no idea he is about to become a Friend to Cats.

I am going to cook up some chicken, for the introduction. Fingers crossed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home