Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Just us Girls

Lorraine has had quite a trip so far. We have decided to actually work instead of shopping for the whole trip. We have so many things planned. Like a book for example, with tales of un-named creatures, unquenched passion and the power of the moon. We will be updating our site with all kinds of Fablo ideas.

Things like "BYOA". I said,

"Dude, bring your own Alcohol? We don't drink"

and she said,

"No! Build your own album...online"

There IS a reason I just sing and do merch. Lorraine is the marketing girl, the producer. I'm the geek with the eyelashes on camera. We make a damn good team she and I.



We've been going through songs for our "BYOA". We'll have catagories. I think they would go something like this:



Malena sings the Blues



Lorraine writes a grand violin solo



Malena sings sexy songs



Lorraine writes a really cool song about dead things



Malena sings even more sexy songs...



You can see where this is going. I have no medium ground. It's nothing or balls to the wall for this girl. I want to sing the Jessica Rabbit song...Things like that. Our tastes are so eclectic, we thought you might want to BYOA instead of wait for us to do three separate albums. I told Fablo I would learn how to sound cheery for her Irish music, (***Note from Lorraine...My Irish music is NOT from the cheery end of the spectrum, far from it, no one in my songs gets out alive..) but sexy blues and opera was what came naturally. She is the funnier one out of the two of us.



We were working on our book and I was reading her some of my "poetry", which is mostly forbidden letters of love and dark vengeful thoughts. She said, "Malena, you could embarrass a cape town whore." Wow. Where does one go from there? Maybe a little less "smut novel" and more Pablo Neruda. And to think I was HOLDING BACK! Trying to keep it NC-17 people. I must say, to save my rep as an x-molly mormon, I learned all the filth from Miles...and Adam Stemple in the studio. Both of these dudes can make a drunk pirate uncomfortable with laughter.

Lorrane here....

Well, that first bit was written LATE, (early for her) last night by Malena, as I lay (trying) to sleep.."Get up," she would say, "We have to blog"

You blog says I.

"No, we will blog, come to the couch and help me" quoth she

No, quoth I. Go write and I will finish it in the morning when we all know what YOU will be doing. And so here I am.

Yes, this has been a working visit, not going out, no events, no make-up, just writing and working on the book. My kind of Holiday. It does go a lot of places, it is very like Malena and I, and very spooky. Bloody. Strange. And Magic. It makes us happy, and when it grows up enough, we will send it out into the world. And, one hopes, it will make you happy as well.

(by the way, I said to Malena "You could make a Capetown Whore Blush with some of the things you say" not that she sounded like one...a reference to an old song..)

We have also been talking about music, and how to get more out there. Making a cd is a lot of work in terms of time and money. Time being the stumbling block, but I have been thinking of ways one could do an album a bit at a time, and have it up and available for download, along with live bits, and our current work, and even some of the cuts that didn't make it , due to space , on the first cd, and I thought if it was availabel for download, you could just go and download what you wanted and make your own cd.

I was playing around in my mind too about a button when ordering where you could bypass the pay with credit card, and just promise to send us a buck a song.

(no, not worried about people stealing it, woe betide the poor souls who do. Kind of like Pele's home on Kileuea, people who take ANYTHING from there regret it. And tend to send rocks and such BACK to the island rangers with offerings and please to PLEASE put it back..)

Then we could add things as we have time to record, a few at a time. And we would not have to try and make an album with ONE sound, as we have so many directions musicly, that we want to go.

So there you have it. Malena is sleeping like , well, like I was when she wrote the first half of this, and I am here with you. (Hey, 24/7 LaM , one of us is always up!)

I am going to keep trancribing her bits (lots of that in my life these dys..) and drink tea and sit in the sunshine.

Which there is lots of here.

Love, writng, music and Orange Groves,
Lorraine and Malena

32 Comments:

At 9:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the make-your-own album idea; the one song at a time thing seems to have worked out well for Jonathan Coulton.

Also, I have been singing "It's Just Me and Eve" since I heard it, much to the annoyance of my coworkers. I think it's good for them. :)

 
At 10:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness. The wonderful, dark, delicious Malena is also a recovering Mormon? Wow. Now I see one can be fabulous despite having grown up a Molly Mormon. ;)

Just popping in to say "hi!" I usually read from a LiveJournal RSS feed, so I don't comment a lot. I'd love a BYOA!

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

Pantagruel... so glad to hear you like the CDs... I don't know what I would be doing or where I would be if I hadn't found them.

I like the make-your-own album idea too... mostly because it sounds like it means more music from my favourite girl-band!!!

I MUST hear Malena sing the Jessica Rabbit song. I was at a VCON meeting for what seemed like ALL of Sunday and I sat staring at the Jessica Rabbit poster the whole time thinking of Malena.

LOOKING FORWARD to this book!!!!

Have fun in the orange groves... and blog lots. We LOVE You!!!

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger K said...

I've always wanted to sing the Jessica Rabbit song, too. But I was born wholesome...

 
At 1:18 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Nice to meet you , Mina, you'll have to change hat bit about not commenting, you are one of us now!!!!

I didn't realize Jonathon Coulton did that, I'll have to talk with him while he is here, I love his music!

Despite the Mormon bit, Malena has never suffered from the whole wholesome thing....

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger Hera said...

Wow..
That is one of my favorite movie moments! absolutely love Jessica rabbit..

That and ''We are all animals'' -Legend

It is such a small and strange world.. Legend was one of the first scary movies I saw and it's still one of my favorites.. Then I saw the Rocky horror Picture show and Tim Curry became my first crush ;) hehe

Love youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy5THitqPBw

 
At 1:47 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Mina, you have been here before... haven't you?... I am sure of it... and weren't you at Balticon when LaM performed there? Didn't I meet you?... didn't you get a crystal spider?

I remember mixing up the names Mimi (Ko) and Mina when I got to Baltimore in May of 2006... then I could never find Mina on here again... so I thought I had completely lost it.

You see I am terrible at remembering names and faces and I usually associate people with spellings so I remember mixing up 2 people with four letter M names and being terribly confused for a while.

Hera... I LOVE that vid... thanx for the link. I too found Legend to be EXTREMELY influential and I shivered when I read that line just now... such a powerful character, Darkness.

 
At 2:39 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Am all for Pablo Neruda.
And for the sailor stuff too. Why can't we have BOTH?

Go for the make-you-own-album!

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

(1) Malena doing Jessica Rabbit just jumped to the top of the list.
(2) I love me some Thing-A-Day, and Coulton in general.
(3) I would start calling Molly "Molly Ne'r-Mormon", but the Mormon neighbors would probably thing I was being mean.

 
At 6:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rubius, you're remembering me correctly (though I didn't get a crystal spider, alas!). I just don't comment a lot since I read from the RSS feed.

Lorraine, I can imagine that Malena has never suffered from being wholesome. It's one of the things I adore about her. ;) BTW, I've been loving the pix and the stories about the kitties!

And I have to add my clamoring voice to the crowd of those who'd love to hear LaM do "Why don't you do right" (aka the Jessica Rabbit song). That's one of my top 25 played songs on my iPod. Fever is another that would sound awesome done by LaM!

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger Hera said...

I've been meaning to do this for a long time but here it is on the new site:
http://www.herasings.com/blog

It won't be as personal as here :) but it's a place where I can answer questions and talk about concerts, music etc as opposed to just saying what's coming up..

:) (although deep down I want to talk about my cat hehe - I can do that here ;) xox)

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Talk about Kitties all you like, and get you some down and personal here at the LaM blog, Hera!

Spacelaw, Malena says you are her womon!!!! tho she is refusing to get off the couch to post her own coments )

She wants to shoot some vid of her in a red dress doing Jessica Rabit, and post it.

Well, ok.

(I saw this last night, well worth it. Yeah. Hard life.)

Hope you like the web idea, dearest Dan Guy...No reason......

Back to the Book...

 
At 4:44 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

I WANT to see that video!

 
At 4:45 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I love what I've heard of it so far!

 
At 8:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope to hear the Jessica Rabbit's song soon. I like what you're doing. Dark Sonnet is one of my favorite.

 
At 11:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Building your own album sounds like a fine idea.

I really wanna see Malena sing the Jessica Rabbit song..I think she'd be perfect.

Re: "Molly Mormon" Hey Malena, does this mean you know how to make Funeral Potatoes?;) LOL

Hera: I love Tim Curry..I even have his albums. And Rocky Horror, of course.

 
At 2:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rubius -- the CDs are cool. Today's song to annoy coworkers with: "Going Wodwo." With banging on my desk to go with it.

The book project also sounds awesome. Now you, too, can enjoy the pleasure of Not Writing. ;)

 
At 3:37 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

I LOVE Going Wodwo... I spent MONTHS driving people crazy with that on repeat... well, not too many people got driven crazy... I work in a home-office and turn the music off whenever someone comes in... but it drove ME crazy.

by odd coincidence I must have a mini channel into your brain or something because while walking to work today I tried to get some silly repetitive songs out of my head and started singing Wodwo randomly.

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

so the ladies of L'aM made an appearance at the treehouse, braving the beer commercial shoot that had taken up most of my little street. Happy to report, despite the alleged sleep depravation, they were very perky & sweet, sitting on the big red couch, Malena beading and Quiche doing her magical airline routine. That woman is a stage magician with airline miles. Bless her werewolf heart.
they left in a flurry of zebraskin coats and skull tshirts. which way did they go??! i know not.

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Hi, Malena here. I am leaving a comment. One that is really funny and has lots of content. ahhhh yeah right! Actually, I am brain dead from working on the book.

Here's what we have so far...
Lorraine's fantastical stories about jewels and maidens and snow covered crystalline globes, AND

Malena's poems...
Those are about 3 basic things,
Love
Sex
and Degrees of Death.

She's editing down the pieces a bit. I said, "Hey Dev! If people actually go to SLIPKNOT concerts, they can handle a little love action. Ya know what I'm sayin?"

She had to admit I had a point.
So, there you have a quick recap of our night last night. Soon, when the REAL night hours come, I will recap our day.
Oh, BTW, Glad the Jessica Rabbit song has been voted in.
LOVE IT!

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Hmmm...A quick re-cap of this trip so far...

Naked. Orange groves. Good.

 
At 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay now I'm impatient to read Malena's poems and Lorraine's stories cause the keywords are the ones that make me stop dead while going through books to find one to read (sorry for the english, not my native tongue, I read it far better than I write it).

 
At 5:09 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

sounds like a great plan! don't work too hard, have lots of fun and enjoy the warmth!

 
At 7:36 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

BYOA sounds like a fabulously marvelous idea. :)

Nothing like trying to come up with a decent comment while watching "Supernatural" on TiVo. Poor Sam just keeps reliving the same day.

Anyway, Patience is a virtue, and it can be cultivated. Granted, you can always be like the vulture, "Patience hell! I'm gonna KILL somethin'!"

 
At 10:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Naked. Orange groves. Good."

LOL!

 
At 11:42 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Hi Lily, nice to meet you and welcome! What is your native language? We have all sorts here...French, Italien, Icelandic, Spanish, Malena.......

I might well post a Thing or two from the book, simply as now that it is almost in a form that might be DONE, it needs to be read by other people. I can't tell , with my own writing, if it is good or not. I love it, and it makes me happy, but I don't know if it will translate beyond Malena and I, if you see what I mean....

Home now. No orange groves. Also no heat. This is a situation that must be adressed. Tho how that can happen before St Pats Weekend, I do not know....

 
At 11:46 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Have you tried kicking the blooming heater a couple of time? (That's what I call French Engineering, by the way...) We can't have you and the kitties freezing.
Sure you don't want to come to Rome until spring finally drops by?

 
At 12:26 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Rome? What a Fabulous idea!!!!! That's it! No pesky furnace repair people coming by with huge bills, heck, spring must come at SOME point within the next few months......

Martin Millar is offering free copies over at his blog , of Lonely Werewolf Girl in Italien to anyone who has a good reason for wanting one, and if I am going to Rome, clearly, that is a good reason...

I could learn Italien the same way I am learning French..(watching Underworld in French with English Subtitles..)

St Pats Weekend starts tomorrow. Pray for me. I did have one bit of down time on Sunday, but thanks to a certain FRENCH lady currently living in ITALY ( not to give away any names ) I am producing a video . As strange a video to ever hit YOU TUBE as ever was....

I have a really funny story about trying to buy new Ugg boots in LA this week and finding none, (hey, it's like WINTER here ) and being told "uh, no, we have none, it's like SPRING here..") (uh, hello, LA, my cat could do your weather forcast, 75 and sunny year round) But that may be a blog of it's own....

 
At 12:48 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

And I am most grateful for the video, Ô Awesome One!

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger ariandalen said...

You know...Texas is a lot closer than Italy, though there is an Italy, TX, as well as Paris, Athens, Rome (I think), and Fairy. And our high today is supposed to be 90, or higher. You also wouldn't need to learn another language (not that that's a bad thing). ;)

 
At 11:41 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Adiradalen, I thought you spoke Texan down there? (I slay myself!!!) many thanks, I'll be there on Tuesday after all these gigs, I am having myself Fed-ex'd.

Figured out how to use the vid thing on my camera and took this today. We've been adding cats slowly but surely....I may have too many...

http://www.maniacworld.com/too-many-cats.html

(thanks Spacelaw!)

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

i cannot imagine that many cats! though it would eliminate the need to wash floors as you would never see them. hmm, that might be a good idea.... we are now finally getting some warmer weather - 50 today, but the snow is not budging much, instead compacting to a thick crust. still tho we have actually had some sunshine which is amazing. good thing as the heat is out in the building i teach in...furnace needs parts, not sure when it will work. Its bearable in the evening - about 62, but in the a.m., brrrrrrrr.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home