Saturday, March 08, 2008

Sunshine and Crazy Winter...

The best laid plans of mice and men, I say...I had planned a lovely little blog about how I finished extracting all of the Bee Wax from the Slumglum and on taking pictures to document this event and doing a very Bee Oriented post, but, well, uh, it was one of those things that never quite happened today, so I am left with telling you that you still get to look forward to that bit of history.

I did do a really fun hour and a half long interview with a paper from Stillwater today, they are doing a feature on Paul and Lorraine, pre-St Pats, and it made me happy. I think I talked as much about Malena and all of you as I did Paul and I! Should be a good piece, I will link to it, or post it when it comes out.

And I need to shout out thanks to Spacelaw, as it seems, after TWO YEARS , Paul and I have no band photo or any good pics of us , that we could use, and I was getting kind of sad until I remembered Spacelaw had downloaded all of the pics she took while she was here to my Laptop. (yes, apparently it will talk to HER camera ) I found many great shots, and so all is well. My Thanks for saving Paul and Lorraine!

(this is very un-like Malena and I, we had a band photo, professional one at that, before we MET. Kid you not, it's the one that we used for the cover of Mirror Mirror, we hadn't actually met at that point, nor would we for a couple of months..)

I am off for LA in the morning. I need a little bit of time where the sun shines, and there is no snow, and it is warm (hey my furnace took a header the other night, -12 and no heat) and one can look at the ocean. And oh, yeah, time with what's her name as well, hee-hee....The little Vampire keeps making Plans of what we are going to do all fun and going out and this and that and I keep saying, "How about we dress in the Oatmeal Sweater and sit in your courtyard..." Actually, the main focus of this visit is writing, we are working on a Thing together, and want it to grow up sooner rather than later, so I think much time will be spent on that, rather than anything else.

And I get to see Kitty, who will be in town, which always makes my heart happy. She and Malena had quite the wrestling match as to who got to pick me up at the airport, and despite all the boxing Malena has been doing , Kitty took her DOWN, and won. When that women puts her mind to something.....

(to be truthful I think it was Kitty saying "If I don't' go, I won't get to see her, you guys will hole up and that will be that ")

We do get like that, I have to admit. But it will be good, the three of us again. And , Kitty, what good is a band without a tour manager, I ask you????

I need the rest for the St Pats Shows. This town doesn't mess around and I am booked more shows than I think I can play, but somehow, one does.

You know, between work, shows and the end of winter this DOES tend to get a little crazed this time of year. I have been writing back and forth with a friend of mine who is currently the Assistant to a Director who is currently shooting a Movie that based on a Book my Boss might have written, and as an Assistant sometimes you feel that no one can QUITE understand everything involved.

I wrote her a note the other night and said "you know, you are currently the bigger part of my social life, I talk more to you than anyone else" And described my day in a few words, and she, proving I am not alone and someone DOES understand sent me this....



One picture is, truly, worth a thousand words.

And tonight, Malena, proving she understands as well, said "You know, if you bring your laptop, we can blog, webcam and work from the couch.

Sounds good to me, my dears,

Love and Sunshine,
Lorraine

18 Comments:

At 11:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you're well-loved when your friends fight over who gets to pick you up from the airport.;) lol

That picture is hilarious..it's a fairly accurate depiction of how I felt at work today too, so boy did I need that laugh.

Enjoy the warmth and sunshine:)

 
At 12:19 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Sounds brilliant!
Enjoy the short working holiday, store up on the warmth. You'll need that energy for next weekend.

Looking forward to the real time giggles!

 
At 6:52 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Good for you escaping winter! Hope your trip is fun and you both get loads done. The picture is great - looking at my desk right now it's exactly how I feel. Looking forward to reading your interview - how cool!

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Shelley is going to turn out to be the Voice if the Nation , I think , with that photo. It may end of bigger than the rectangle of love..

( Sarah, Matt, Jimmy and Ben..)

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

no time for debates on viral video at this time!
work to be done!
must clean treehouse (not that Quiche will leave the FairyWoodlandHouse??) (or couch even???!)

yesterday was my last day of rehearsals with the Eeegads, the new nickname for the eagles...
i do admit to a teensy crush on Don Henley, what a voice...
and Kali-licious, HR is my home town boy! DC like me---where was his show? i have all his books, whatta a angry genius...love him.
So where are these P&L photos, Q?? wanna see/.//
xoxo off to scrub.

 
At 10:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kitty it was here in Indy at the Murat. He came out all excited and praising the venue because it's so well run and has a *shower* backstage which I guess is pretty rare. He's my favorite living ranter. My stomach is still recovering from laughing so hard.

The "Eegads"...LOL Good one.

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Kitt, you'll have to have a peek at Lorraine's computer for the pictures.

 
At 12:22 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Hate to correct you but it's "The best laid schemes of mice and men...". Still, love the photo! Gave me a great laugh, sounds as if you suffering from a bit of cabin fever. According to our local weather man , Dallas Rains, it's going to rain on Monday but it will be a light rain, just enough to dirty your car. But the weather has been glorious out here, this weekend I wore my sundresses. So pack up your sunscreen and enjoy the L.A. sunshine!

 
At 2:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soak up enough warmth to remember for next weekend, Ms. Fabulous!
I know you'll have fun. :)

 
At 3:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never had a doubt in my mind that Kitty could kick some major booty if needed. :)

As to the picture... I've been there. So many times. Hell, even this morning!

Enjoy the sunshine. Nay, don't merely enjoy it, BASK, my dear!

My in-laws are in town right now and told me the horror story of their furnace going out (they're from Mpls) this morning at home. Thankfully, with the aid of one of their kids and $400 worth of coming-out-on-a-Sunday repair, their home is no longer dropping below zero. SCARY!

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Have a GREAT time. You both deserve a wonderful relaxing super fun LaM Extravaganza time since you have both been working so very hard!!!

Blog lots!!! We love to hear of your adventures together! Take pics for us!! and most of all.. HAVE FUN!!

Lorraine, this is that Gorey-esque anime music video I was rambling about... the one that reminds me of the poster in your kitchen.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=WqxwcS0Fgrk

I found it through the anime but they are apparently a gruesome LA group.

 
At 8:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The CDs arrived on Saturday! I'm enjoying them immensely. :)

Ooh, while you're out here, you should try to find some orange groves; the trees are blooming right now, and they smell absolutely incredible at night. If Malena and Kitty don't know where any are, I can point you to some, as I, well, live in Orange. Which is ever so creatively named for all the orange groves that once covered most of the city.

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

I shiould, dud, post some of these pictures, at least over at Paul and Lorraine.

Whne I get home, which will be a lONG time from now if I have anything to say about it....

Oranges, yes.....I told Shelly, my stabbing friend, in a text yesterday she was just jealous because i was running naked thru an orange grove with another women....

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

We really should have blogged there when you were having all those concerts...

Running naked through orange groves.
Just to make them blush? I know you like (blood) red oranges, but that sounds a bit extreme.

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

I may have made up the naked part. Ok, and the orange grove part.

But hey, like making things up is a bad thing???

 
At 9:42 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Nooooo! I am doing it everyday by writing a new story...
That's not lying, that being CREATIVE (as in "make art or throw a hissy fit")
;)

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

You are right,... we were remiss... it was the perfect opportunity to blog at PaulandLorraine.com

making stuff up is good for your soul.

 
At 4:57 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I (heart) Sarah & Matt and Jimmy & Ben. I can't believe the latter got Josh Grobin involved.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home