Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Girls have got GAME!













Lorraine and I are out taken names, individually that is. She's gigging this weekend for her birthday bash. A lot of you (thank you btw) have flown in to see her. Sadly, not me, I needed my wings for my modeling shoot.

She's been emailing me and from what I hear, there wasn't an empty seat in the house last night. I gotta tell ya, that girl taught me how to entertain on stage. I can sing yes, but I learned how to "win the crowd" from THE Fabulous Lorraine. She's a master at it. She does it like it's nothing. You can hear crickets chirpen' before she comes on stage, then 5 minutes later the crowd is going wild! (No instrument needed for that gal) I've learned so much from her. Kitty, you too. Kitty deserves her OWN "I worship you blog", which she will get on the Malena blog! Can I be you when I grow up Meow? (like that will ever happen)













I have shin splints from my 2 hour power walk the other night. Did I tell you...I've decided to be a tri-athalete...in....hair, makeup and nails, yeah! That's it! (I can't even spell athlete right)


Then last night I did the shoot. I truely felt like a supermodel. (for a few shots anyway) David has this way of getting me to giggle and get these amazing shots. I told him we'd call it "The Betances Technique". (We listened to show tunes and Disney favorites) It was HARD to get a shot of me looking serious. You'll see what I mean very soon. I especially liked the shots of me collapsed on the couch on top of my corsets in my Mortisha Hell Raiser dress. It's hillarious. (The below dress is considered a Hawaiian moo-moo compared to what you will see in a few days)


















So, although LaM is apart, we are having fun. I wanted to hook up the video camera on my shoot, but then I realized that WOULD NOT have been a good idea. I was such a dork. BEYOND my normal issues...pulling and tugging at my neck "brace" corset and tripping over cords and falling UP the stairs in my dress. It would have been fun for YOU to watch but I would be red with embarrassment. Trust me....some things are better left to the imagination. (Like how did Fablo and I get into this Space tent at Convergence and how did we accomplish this position?)

















I WAS IN A MINI SKIRT! ME! I tried to channel Lorraine who doesn't have a problem sitting like a boy in a skirt. God bless her for her self confidence. Send some over here miss Thang will ya? Although the mini's WERE more comfy than the hobble dresses.
















So, LaMies, where are my Fablo Party photos huh? Still partying ah? Thought so, she has that effect on people.

Love you girlies...and guys (of course)

Your corseted Chicken,

Malena

(I do a mean chicken imitation. Yep. Down right filthy! Hey! Chickens get lonely too! They deserve loven...after all their days are numbered!)















8 Comments:

At 10:56 PM , Blogger William S said...

LOL! Very nice!

 
At 5:17 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Looking forward to seeing the pictures, sweetie.
In the meantime, since you are not here I have to make do with taking pictures of your little furry alter ego. She's a great model too.
I shall do a post this afternoon (or maybe two: one on the kitties and one on the gigs which were - rightly - fabulous).
N.

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Chick abuse! Puting that poor chiken in a corset. Great shot though! You girls do know how to have a good time.

 
At 1:45 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Ummm...you do know that the chicken in the corset is male? Granted, who said chickens can't be cross-dressers, too? ;)

 
At 2:20 PM , Blogger Malena said...

yeah for cross dressing and all drag queen coolness. I'm all for it!

It I could get Madam Mim into a "Kitty" outfit I would. Cats aren't like dogs though, they don't put up with such torture.
That's why my choice of pet must be a malleable one...or two...or three. PIGDOGBATFROGS!

 
At 7:02 PM , Blogger merryhousekeeper said...

Malena, I am a dork, you might as well all know. Where is my profile?LOL, You look ravishing by the way! Tri althlete! Whoot whoot! You go girl!
Fablo, you Rock! What else can I say, what an honor, she called me on the phone, so I could hear her play! (homelife prohibited me from going). I got goose bumps, almost cried and ended up closing my eyes and tapping my feet & cracking open a Mikes when she said, "someone get this gal a drink!" What a friend, I envy the two that flew to see her play and missed the opp to meet them, but Im sure there will be others. Girls & Games, When we are put to the test we give it our all! You all Rock!

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

missing you all.
i am starting eagles rehearsals, oooo flashbacks....
that little MMM is the CUTEST kitten in world.
it is official, the votes are in.

 
At 6:28 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Corsetted cross-dressing roosters REPRESENT!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home