Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Weird Life

Hello again all! I have missed you lot! Thank you for all the comments and nice words, I am feeling right better, and am about to catch you up on all the News..But first, a lovely photo of me, by our own Miss KItty!



I love that shot! (and not to worry, read on, LOTS of pics this time!)

And here's me and Madame M. Mim and the Freaky Venus. It takes a LOT to get kitties in a shot, and Miss Kitty is REALLY good...I miss her, she is now back in LA living her rock-n-roll dreams. Or earning a living, sometimes the line is rather fine...



Ah, spring came this week, the snow is melting, the snowdrops are up, I am finding the Dog toys all over the yard, things are covered in mud (mostly Dog. Dog likes mud)

I enjoyed it. Spring I mean. And then came home tonight to this lovely BAD WEATHER ALERT! April Fools indeed!!!! (This is NOT fair..)

. Heavy Snow Warning in effect from 7 am Monday to 6 am CDT
Tuesday...

The National Weather Service in Twin Cities/Chanhassen has issued
a Heavy Snow Warning... which is in effect from 7 am Monday to
6 am CDT Tuesday.

Heavy wet snow will overspread much of east central and south
central Minnesota and portions of west central Wisconsin from late
Monday morning through early Monday afternoon. The snow will
persist through much of Monday night before diminishing
significantly by daybreak Tuesday. Snow accumulations of 8 to 9
inches are likely.

A Heavy Snow Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast
that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If
you must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food... and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.


Hmmmph. I say. Hmmph.

Betsy Stemple, Adam (LaM producers) wife (whom I've know longer than Adam, heck we MET while we were both dating Big Johnny, THAT will make or break a friendship!) and Big Johnny's girlfriend, the lovely Karrin came down to the gig last night, largely so that Johnny and Karin could make an Announcement, for me mainly. Yup, it's Leap Year, she proposed! On my Birthday! (he said Yes, by the way..) This is a Good Thing. She asked for both Betsy and mine's blessing, and I said , of course, and Betsy said Of Course, but you can't give him back....Congrads to you both! (FINALLY we have settled him with a truly wonderful women!)

In other family news, not so fun, I played, with Adam and Johnny, at Betsy's Mom's Funeral today. I hope, quite sincerely, that when (and if) I ever die, that there will be as many people with as many wonderful memories as there were there for Myrna. Betsy, our thoughts are with you. You did Good today. Know that.

Our Malena just called, (OK, like an hour has gone by, but hey, we had a lot to talk about) and she said MORE PICS, so here you go, my dear, more pics......(she has been working long hours these days, you know Hollywood, and sending me the most interesting text's....If she stays sane, it ought to be fun.)



I think this is my favourite of all. I look so happy.

I got a letter today from someone who said, basicly "Miss Thrix, you were right, Lonely Werewolf Girl is the best book ever! Thank you SO much for introducting me to Martin Millar's work. "

Very cool. (Thrix being my first favourite character in Lonely Werewolf Girl. My little ego had already seen me as Thrix. Good to know I am not far off..) Look for an entire Blog on Martin this week, the book is out in the US and doing WONDERFULLY.

As well it should. This makes me happy.

As do most things. Tomorrow I take the big 4-wheel drive thing and snow or no snow, go off to the airport for Boss. Thinking of bringing Dog and tying a flask of TEA (since we don't drink brandy) to his collar, in case we end up snowbound.

Love, snow, work and Betsy...
Lorraine

20 Comments:

At 6:49 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

oh lil' Betsy. It is so good you had your friends around you. Great to see you & to meet David the other night @ dinner....Sounds like you sent your Mom off on her voyage with love & panache.
xoxox
and QUICHE, didn't i send you a letter too addressed to Thrix? That is def who i picked for you...
I am Kalix all the way, berserker warrior werewolfess.
just finished the book, and loved it, now it is time to re-read The Good Fairies....but i might have made different decisions...concerning tv shows...and boys... Drew could be Gawain...
Malena is certainly Malveria...the FIRE elemental...

love frm Hollywood, miss Red & I are going for sushi tonight...

 
At 6:52 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! and my sympathy to Betsy on her loss - I hope she is doing as well as possible, and it sounds like her mom was well loved. very sad, and it was nice that you were there to play. sympathy too on the weather - for once we are not getting the snow, but are in for thunderstorms tomorrow, with a chance for sleet. be careful out there! pics are great - is mim eating your foot? and are you enjoying it?? hmmmmm....

 
At 7:19 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Mim eats ANYTHING she can. Me, Venus, cat food, whatever I have. It is not normal. Trouble will come of it.

Malena OUGHT to be Malveria in any movie made of this ( and trust me, it will be a movie) I don't want to play Thrix in a movie, I have no acting skills, I just want to channel her from time to time.....

Kitty, have fun with the Sushi, and love to the lovely Red, will she be stopping here at any time? Just met her for the first time in LA last time and strongly suspect she belongs in this Merry Band..

I sat behind young David, Betsy's son in the memorial today. May tell the story someday, may not. He is his fathers son....Betsy did great, not easy, and I know.

 
At 9:21 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

You have a bewitchingly beautiful face Miss Lorraine! I'll pray that you have good weather for your journey to the airport. I would break the rules an bring both bandy and tea but my ancestors came from Spain and French both countries who love to eat and drink. Safe jounrey to the airport, pleased to read that you are feeling better.

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Ah, man! What a bummer that you're getting more snow. :( It's supposed to rain, here, tomorrow afternoon late after we reach a projected high of 81.

My condolences to the Stemples.

Hopefully, I'll be able to buy Lonely Werewolf Girl next time I'm in a bookstore. I tried two weeks ago, but couldn't find it, or any other books by Mr. Millar, but maybe I was looking in the wrong section.

 
At 9:43 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Oh, yeah. FABULOUS pictures!

Thank you to both photographer and subject. :)

 
At 10:24 PM , Blogger Hera said...

Wonderful pictures..!! can't wait to read this book ;)
and Kitty; aedislegt ad pakkinn kom :) !
xoxox
-I'm putting something special up on the herasings.com blog tomorrow.. It's something I made a promise do to every April Fools ;)

 
At 5:06 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Awesome pictures!
More!

Do be careful on the road. It does sound like scary weather.
How's your heating by the way?

I love that third picture too.
With Mimsy moving too quickly, going in to eat you (or so it seems).

Thrix? I quite like Domitil, in her strange ways. oh and Malveria, of course, because she is SO much fun.(oh YES, Malena would be great!) But the power of the book is there is this whole gang of lovable characters.

And speaking of lovable characters:
I am so happy for Karin and Johnny. They are perfect together (good on her for the move!)
AND my sympathies to Betsy, of course.

 
At 8:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better!

 
At 9:46 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

we went to Koi last night for sushi, very snooty crowd & SO expensive (lucky we weren't paying) but very good, crispy rice & tuna, deliciousssso.

a movie!! we must work on this movie!! i think Mr. Millar's work is like the Anne Rice stories but with much more humor & heart. more soul. love Daniel & i always thought of our Danth guyth as that part, whenever I would read him Danth popped up. (but not Danth in a bonnet, for those of you who were at Balticon)
ok, back to my tax dungeon. Why it seems so much more difficult this year, i know not.
ps Red leaves on Megadeth next week, but we will get her out there one day. I work Bonjovi & then Bruce Springsteen next week...keepin' it real from JERSEY! hahaha

 
At 2:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry for Betsy's loss.

I really need to pick up this book of Martin's as I liked "The Good Fairies." Heehee..another excuse to raid the Library..muahahaha!

Lorraine you look well..Fabulous! (I know I know, bad joke, but you DO look lovely.;) Kudos to Miss Kitty for her mad photo skills.

Snow - Yuck. At least if there's snow, Dog can't GET to the mud and roll in it.;)
Safe travels:)

 
At 2:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hey, I forgot -- is your thermostat/heater fixed? Are you still either arctic or arid?

And, did you get my package of LUSH thingies? In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have addressed it to 'The Fabulous Lorraine,' but I figured, how many of you can there be at that address?

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Many thanks!

The world is quite slushy, icy and horrid here. Much snow with more to come. I have been calling the airline all day about Boss'es plane and finally got told "3 hours late with pending cancellation, want to re-book"

And so, I do not have to drive, thanks be.

Alas, the heat situation is not good, I have none here at the Spooky House, I thought it was fixed, but now the thermostate refuses to even display anything, despite changing batteries. And since it's last statement , that I read while shivering, read " HI IT IS 75 IN HERE" I am thinking I have to bite the bullet and get the heating people out here.

Fortunately, except for the poor plants, I have been staying with Dog at Bosses, and the fire works for the Kitties.....

 
At 5:09 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Zombies spotted in high school basement!.
I've always said that too much studies were eating your brains out.
(and where is Jonathan Coulton when you need him?)

 
At 6:46 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Love the pix!

Laughing at the mental image of Dog carting a flash of tea through the snow.

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

ok, miss Quiche,
i posted a little blog to you with MY favorite of our photo shoot...Malena, we wish you had been on our missions with us...and I didn't even photograph the Culvers *wink..
http://furrytiger.blogspot.com/

xoxox

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger merryhousekeeper said...

zombies in the basement, wow, intresting news clip! reminds me of the movie, the people under the stairs. LOL, guess it could really happen, scarey........ Snow is melting nicely, spring is soon to be here.

 
At 10:45 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Spring?
What about this famous snow storm warning? Has it decided to bother somebody else?

 
At 5:26 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

ZOMBIES!!!!!!

There was a Huge storm, but it is over now. And we are back to spring. 8 inches fell yesterday tho. Welcome to my world.

I love the picture of Mim in the sink, over at Kitty's blog. Mim never poses like that for me....

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

I love the photo of the kitty in the sink as well! Just too darling! But I would think that the sink may be too cold for a kitty cat. They usually like warm places to sleep.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home