Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy, Happy New Years!!!!!!

Happy, happy New Year to you all!!!!

I wish you all the joy and hope in the world, and all the magic and dreams that you can find. Or hunt down, seek , or stumble across. I hope that your New Years was as wonderful as mine, whatever you did, at home, in a pub or at the swanky-est thing going.

I had the best of gigs tonight, and also , the sort of gig one learns so much at. New Years is such an evening with so very many expectations for people, one must be at an event, dressed up and have the kiss and so many things must happen to make it perfect.

I saw people tonight who came in knowing exactly what they wanted, they had seen us before and knew what could happen, they would be with Family by the end of the night. I saw people who just happened by for a song or two and stayed the night because they discovered that This was something they had been looking for.

I saw a couple who I could not fathom why they were there, so stone faced and down, relax, smile and love each other again. I saw new friends made. I saw an entire Pub know that yes, New Years can be Magic.

I had person after person tell me " You guys are so good , you make this so fun"

And all I could say to them, was " It's not me, it's you " You make the Magic. We're just here with you.

We called other bands around town, from the stage , the Tim's, Lojo and others, and the whole audience yelled Happy New Years messages into cell phones. And all I could think was that this was going on all around the world. Everyone connecting , listening to music and loving each other.

THIS is why I do this. It doesn't come from me, it comes through me from you and back out again.

From you to me.

And this is why I believe in Magic.

Love and Happy New Years, Lorraine

___________________________________

Malena here. The New Years Parties were too short last night. I wanted to stay forever! I saw Kitty and her friends, which is always nice. She's off to see Lorraine and her boss very soon. I'm soooo jealous!


About Magic:
As you know, Miles drew his dreamgirl in 1996 called, Nocturna. I didn't know him back then, but every time he drew a woman, he drew one that looked like me, in every illustration. A few years later a friend gave me Spectrum 6 with this illustration in it. That's me I thought! I wrote and ask him if I could write my college paper on him. (We were studying his art in my class) A few months later, Wala! We were engaged.

Here's the illustration.



Now is the time to write out our goals for 2008. Resolutions, no! Goals and "Manifesting Lists", yes!!! They really do work. If you don't believe me, look at the drawing! I've been doing these lists for years and about 75% of the things I write down come true. Why? Because you focus on them! Magic is all about intention and focus.
Speaking of focusing, if you don't see me writing on this blog too often, it's just because I'm super busy and don't have the much time to do it all. Between my sites, my forum, my Malena Collection, my blog, our blog, myspace, our myspace, The Hidden Variable site, and all my Hollywood projects, I just can't keep up. So, I'll still post on the Malena Blog and do my best to post here every once in a while.
With Love and vintage fluffies,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Malena

5 Comments:

At 2:49 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

Happy Happy New Years Lorraine and Malena and all the rest of the people on this blog.

I hope this year is filled with fun and hope and dreams coming true for all of you.

 
At 6:00 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Happy New Year! In fact, started like that it can only be a GREAT year.
Best wishes to every one!

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Reading your blog has been inspiring throughout the year! I wish you and Malena only the best! Looking forward to buying another CD from you two Goth Sirens. Happy New Year beautiful!

 
At 5:06 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Happy New Year!

Lorraine ::
I'm glad the order for "best of gigs (1)" was processed and delivered in a timely fashion; you absolutely deserve it.

Malena ::
I had never heard that story before. That is so cool!!

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Karen B. said...

@Lorraine
Those magical gigs are joyous and wonderful for everyone; I'm so glad that you had one for New Year's. It's not just the audience, though: An audience without the performers, well, it just isn't the same.

@Malena
Cool costumes, those, but aren't they better suited to MN than LA? And it sounds like you're having all the good sorts of busy.

Happy winter!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home