Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dissaproving Kitties

I am thinking of doing a book. I think it should be called " Disapproving Kitties " and should be filled with pictures of Freaky Venus Seaweed, with captions, describing her view of the world, and her general disapproval and , overwhelming desire to destroy it. Not sure where I got the idea, just came to me.....



( I slay myself!!! Kudos to Sharon Stiteler and Disapproving Rabbits , still time to order for the Holidays! )

Things are well at the Spooky House on the Hill. I won't be getting up my driveway until spring, but I have figured out the Evil Parking Rules ( more or less ) and have not had a ticket in DAYS. ( ok, so when you go home in the evening , one parks on the side of the street that is the following days date, even/odd. And only hours between 2:00am and 7:00am count. The rest of the time is a free for all. Hmmph. Don't know WHY I had trouble...)

I have been feeling a little odd lately, not sure why. Almost as if Death Rays of Doom are beaming into my head. Hopefully it will pass...



Oh, before I forget, yes, yes, you know how I feel about the HOLIDAYS and the shopping and have to do this , have to do that of it all, re-read Malena's rant if you have forgotten . ( Personally, I like to do the gift thing when the SPIRITS move me, whenever that may be.... ) I am going to wait this year, and do a few gifties for my favorite people in January . Or February. Like I have time right now???? ( and YOU would all be on my list!!!!!!! You might well be MOST of my list! We love you so, Witchy Women and I )

Where the heck was this going????

Oh. Right. Sue...Many thanks for the ...Well, I mean I really like what you sent me. It was , uh, perfect. I have never had a one of, uh, THOSE before. Now I do.

( not a clue, but I put it on my fridge and will take a picture of it. )

I saw something last night that had I a video camera in hand, I would soon be a rich women. Picture a Bengal, and a glass of Sprite ( with intriguing bubbles ) . Hours of entertainment I tell you. Who knew these Kitties could levitate ? I am talking straight up, and then DOWN headfirst INTO the glass. Of course the glass does not immediately come OFF the Kitty, tho Sprite will go everywhere....

( ok, so I don't get out as much as I ought to )

I am for home now. I have finally come to terms with the fact that if I don't clean the place , it will most likely not get done. Then I am for bed. I am having some trouble sleeping tho...I can't get over the feeling that someone is WATCHING me...

Love and Whatnots, Lorraine

13 Comments:

At 4:10 PM , Blogger kali_licious said...

ROTFL
Venus the levitating Bengal..now that had to be priceless! Sometimes cats are better than tv.

 
At 4:16 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Cats are WAY funner than TV!! ( except for cleaning up all that Sprite )

And I don't think it's weird at ALL that Freaky Venus seems to have a LIZARD growing out of the back of her head in the one picture. Goes a long way twards explaining a LOT of things, I say....

 
At 4:44 PM , Blogger Karen B. said...

Cats are definitely better than TV, if somewhat higher maintenance. When was the last time your TV joined you under the covers, purring and kneading you with happy paws?

I think that rabbits surpass cats in disapproving looks, but cats excel at reproachful looks -- in my experience, anyway.

 
At 10:52 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Cats don't quite disapprove but they are VERY good at making their human slaves feel bad. It's the hurt feelings look that does it, the "How COULD you?" stare.

Great stove, if I may say so. A rather witchy one too.

 
At 11:03 PM , Blogger Bulfinch's Aglaia said...

I wish I could get all y'all presents, as you make me laugh and smile all the time. :-) My cat does not wish to be inside with peasants like us. He stands at the door and twitches his tail and sniffs disdainfully (he's been doing this for 16 years). Then, if his bowl isn't filled exactly right -- it must always be full, regardless, so if he eats any, we must immediately refill it or he is UNhappy -- he opens screen door himself and then lets it slam back. At 3:00 a.m. It used to scare me. Now, I just roll out of bed, grab the food, open the door and fill the bowl, say "hi", and then go back to bed. This will be repeated. Ah, I love the kitties!

 
At 2:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have my sympathies wrt: parking issues. I live in The Haight and do not have a garage or driveway. I feel your pain.

As for disapproving kitties, have a look here. (and if that doesn't work, or you want context, click here.) Some friends of mine are doing some work on their house. Kitties needed to be locked in the bathroom during much of this. The toilet paper had to pay.

 
At 3:31 PM , Blogger Malena said...

ohhh Miss Mousey! Those are priceless photos. Love it!

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Hmm..I am somewhat disturbed by this image of my TV crawling into bed with me....And when Venus does it isn't QUITE the lovely purring thing it is meant to be, more like Battle for the Feet Which are her Prey...

I do love my Witchy Stove! At first I was SO against gas, but then when I thought about hauling wood, building fires, putting them out, and cleaning up afterwards....Not to mention I am such a dork I would most likely light the darn house on fire, I jumped on board with the gas.

I want to get a medium cauldron, and fill it with water , to make the house lss dry...Now THAT would be Witchy!

Hmm..The Haight. Ok, you troubles are worse than mine. Do people still pray to the Great Spider God for parking places? I seem to remember that from my Haight days...

 
At 6:03 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Hahaha! Venus Seaweed would make a great subject for "Disapproving Kitties". Also maybe "Laser-Eyed Cats".

Yay for figuring out the Evil Parking Rules and avoiding parking tickets! It's all a game, I think.

 
At 5:36 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Went into the Police today with all my parking tickets, thanks be for my supieriour comedic skills. Any time one can get the ENTIRE ticket department laughing with you, one can hope for a good outcome.

I slayed 'em! And they halfed my fines.

 
At 7:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that cats were among the original of all dissapproving critters. that is one of the things that makes the cool.

 
At 4:06 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Well done on the fines !

 
At 7:51 PM , Blogger Malena said...

If anyone can get out of ANYTHING it's you Lorraine. You sweet talkin little hob-Elf!
Sadly, ONE parking ticket in LA is at least $50. Go Dev GO!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home