Monday, May 01, 2006

Happy May Day!

Hello there ,all of you, and a very happy Beltane/May Day/ Night of the Wolf and all!

( And a Happy Birthday to Adam Stemple! )

Sometimes when we are together there are weeks where there is a lot of time, we do exciting things, and we blog and we go places and take wonderful pictures and see our friends, and come back with many a tale to tell.....

And sometimes not. I would love to be mysterious and let you think this is one of the Oh-la-la weeks where it is a full on rock star diva extravaganza, but, ah, actually it might have been a little more mundane, and I am too tired this evening to say more than: Uh, Work..Lots of work where we have been. Our jobs are very similar and tend to go in the same sort of trend, so work again, lots of work.

Mr Miles has been designing another Super Hero suit, like he did for Batman, and had a film crew fly in from the Philippines to do a documentary on his work for the show, which was all very fun, and my big news would be a report from my Most tolerant Housekeeper in the World about a bear that has been hanging around taking down and destroying bird feeders at an alarming rate.

( not the Nice Little ones that hang from a tree , but the HUGE METAL poled jobs that require a Hot Bird Chick to install, custom ones )

( Bird Chick has, apparently taken Bear safety Classes and when called today, told me just what to do. No Food. It will leave. How very comforting. )

( Almost as comforting as my Boss's idea of going out early in the morning with peanut butter sandwiches and making friends with it. I believe him to have been kidding )

So there you have it.

We have been singing every night and making sure all the tee-shirts and goodies are wending their way to us, and last night , for the first time for me, believe it or not, we watched MIRROR MASK.

( I had seen bits of it during production, but never the final version ye gads, what a wonderful , magic , lovely , gorgeous most perfect movie it is!!!!!!!!! Those guys are REALLY good ! )

( Malena, our one armed bandit, says it is a trippy Edgar Allen Poe-esque experience that could otherwise only be obtained or experienced by taking some sort of Psychotropic drug. Of course, she does only have the one arm right now, but I am inclined to agree with her )

( No, no idea why I am talking in parentheses tonight )

( Love and Mirrors )
( Lorraine )

16 Comments:

At 11:11 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

oh my Beltaine ladies...i miss you loads. the desert was a fine how-do -you-do, although miss Madge did not wear my piece, she chose instead a giant diamond-encrusted "M" (which really did work well for her outfit)
but she kept three of my pieces, which was great.
can't wait for the Wed night meeting, i know you have been helping eachother tremendously this visit--
and we will be meeting with young Danth this week, very happy for this occasion...
talk soon, & Malena thanks for solving the Ghosty mystery...xoxoxoxo

 
At 11:57 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I hope the work is going well, you two. I can't wait for the unveiling of the merch!

I drove to Long Beach this evening. Everyone warned me about the traffic but pssh! nothing compared to D.C. traffic. (Mwahaha!) Much faster, though, on the whole, which I liked. The 405 is like playing Rad Racer!

Tomorrow I'm hanging out with my little brother the Hollyw'd agent. Should be interesting.

 
At 12:26 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

Happy May day all!!! hope you are well (hope you are healing well, darling Mal). and a big Happy B-day to the miraculous sound man, Adam!!

Kitty, it is cool enough that she likes them and keeps them... you are a talented lady!! (although frankly I am not a fan of blingy jewelry)

My parents live in the woods, have oodles of feeders and bears... and haven't had problems betwixt the two, as far as I know. my mom is such a bird-lady though, we wouldn't take them down even to get rid of a bear, I bet you.

and MirrorMask is fantabulous.. no? love it all!!! every bit... glad you approve of the wonderfulness.

Truly hoping the tail-feather and wing are knitting well. Cheers!!

 
At 7:29 AM , Blogger K said...

I didn't think you had bears in the MidWest... wrong again...

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger Stardustgirl said...

Lo - A bear!?! Eek! I thought coyotes were troublesome (not for our birdfeeders but for when walking the dog in the woods). Hopefully Fred will not attempt to pick a fight with him. He's on at least Life #8 now, right? Here's hoping midwestern bears are more forgetful than eastern bears.

Danth - fast on the 405? It seems like everytime I've been on there's been a jam and the average speed was 30. Timing is everything, I guess. Did you get a convertible rental car?

Kitty - congrats on the jewelry placement! Maybe one of your pieces will show up in a photo in the future.

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

30 MPH on I-405? I've managed that as maybe an average. Either I'm driving it at stupid o'clock and am able to zip along or I'm going... well, let's just say that walking would be faster and that one time I actually got out of the car while it was off and in neutral and pushed it for a quarter mile to give the engine a break. Seriously. LA traffic is the only thing that makes me tolerate SF and east bay traffic without wanting to play demolition derby. Which reminds me, why must airbags be so painfully expensive?

Bears are cool, but you'll never see me trying to feed one a peanut butter sandwich!

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Lions and tigers and BEARS! OH MY!
heee!!

Hey...of everyone who is planning on attending Balticon, all you LaMmies, is there anything I (or Ravyn) can do to make your visit a more comfortable and enjoyable one? Ravyn and I plan on stocking up with some provision, so let me know. I also plan to bring some wine from my friend's, Patricia's, store, www.destinwinery.com, so if anyone would like to stop by and share a glass with me one evening, you are welcome. I would like to spend quality "mellow out" time with you wunnerful people without the hubbub of the con. Let me know via email, vanda at knology dot net.

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I was going 80mph (and being passed by everyone else) all the way to Long Beach. I left at 5:20pm and got there aroung 5:40pm. Apparently I picked the right day; they were saying most people stayed home due to the immigration rallies.

 
At 11:58 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

Vanda-sweetheart,
i shall surely join you for a glass of fine wine,
thanks so much for the hospitality.
and Danth, you have magic powers to part the sea of traffic. Looks like our girls may be busy, but i could be there a bit early for dinner, will rendevous (sp! i know it is wrong) by cellular tomorrow afternoon---
bears??! did anyone see Grizzly Man documentary?
they fascinate me. but not as much as the mighty tiger does....

 
At 4:06 AM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Oh Kitty kitty...looking forward to meeting you! You prefer any flavor of wine on Patricia's list? I can customize! :-) I like the sweet black berry and the hot tomato meself. (my FAVORITE wine these days is Sebastiani Merlot, if you like wine, this is a MUST try).

Oh, and you were just missing the "z" in Rendezvous. The general sense of the word "rendre" from which "rendez" is conjugated is to give, to offer up. "Vous" is the formal of "you". So I imagine a literal interpretation would be "to give time for you".

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

I would love to join you for some wonderful wine and conversation - how lovely!! I am driving so I can bring some goodies as well, and also some wine, but there's isnt much esoteric out here - (tomato??, blackberry?) I am so looking forward to meeting you all!! Also, Kitty, how cool that she selected some of your jewelry! Danth!! drive careful!! Malena, hope you are feeling better daily!

 
At 7:32 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

Vanda, I too would love to spend some quality time with you... but you have already been kind enough to offer me a corner to crash in for Sunday night... you have a very generous spirit... and I am really looking forward to meeting you.

 
At 12:59 PM , Blogger Malena said...

The grizzly man documentary was wonderful. Timothy was quite a character..a Mr. Rogers meets LA surfer dude. LOVED IT!!

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Thanks everyone for the wonderful get well gifts. Vanda, Yoga Gal, Nora and Sue..you made my day. What a thoughtful group of friends. Can't wait to see you LaMies!

 
At 6:17 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Goodies? Conversation?? It isn't ME who has the generous spirit!! Look at all the blessings I shall receive!! A whole group of the coolest people!!

heee! Tomato wine...think bloody mary flavor. I don't really eat sweets...just don't have a sweet tooth. Of course chocolate is different! But even then it is the dark schtuff! Mmmm!! I crave bitter flavors...strange, huh? Sweets/sugar leave(s) a nasty taste in my mouth.

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Black berry wine? Sign me up. As far as alcohol goes, I am a cheap date. 2 glasses and I'm done. It sounds wonderful. Miles and I like Ollalieberry (sp?) wine too. We drank it on our wedding at Hearst Castle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home