Tuesday, August 23, 2005

What? No Gigs?????

You know, it's kind of funny, all I did for days was talk about how I had to many gigs, how I was to tired , how much I hurt, how I could not wait for them to be over, and I woke up this morning and thought " Hmmm...Where am I playing tonight ? " and was strangely saddened , depressed and bummed when I realized that I was NOT in fact gigging anywhere, and all I could think was, how long before I can do it again....

I mentioned to the nice lady who was here canning my thousands of tomatoes ( and doing everything else around here that I can't get to , generally saving my life ) today that all I had had to do this weekend was the Renn Fest shows, and she put down her jars and said : " How Many Do You Do Again, Lorraine???? " Uh, 22 says I. Well, if that's ALL she says.....( they are only 25-30 minutes each tho...)

It gets to you , all this playing , hard to not play , if I can explain it right. Not sure I can.

I've been working on fiddle parts to the cd, which is great fun. I love that cd and it is starting to get to the point where I really NEED to finnish it, and do my fiddle parts, finish up the vocals , and get this done. I am loving what I am coming up with, and am playing nothing but Mirror Mirror ( which consists mainly at this point of basic tracks and Malena, Very roughly dumped) when I do my morning and evening Butt Reducing walks, and I can hear everything as it ought to be.

Soon...September 19th and I am there in the studio till the end.

Malena is still away in Northern California . I think she has been gone about a year now. Sigh. This is a new thing for us, and I am not at all for it. She may come home in another year.

( this year thing came from a show last Sunday with Bedlam, who also gigged all weekend, when Johnny asked how much longer we had in the show and Mark told him 10 minutes and he looked up so very wearily and said, but we have been sitting here on this bench playing for a year now....That's what it felt like playing , and that's how long she's been gone )

So that's my interesting bits for tonight. Worked, walked and ate salad.

And missed Malena.

Love and music ,
Lorraine

4 Comments:

At 8:15 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

All the blogs I read that have comments withdrawn state they are done by a blog administrator - I don't know much about blogs, but does this blog have one? If it doesn't, would there be a way to switch to a blog that does? Perhaps there is a way for you or Malena to delete comments, but that would be annoyingly time consuming. I agree, I was surprised at how prolific this is becoming, and really don't peruse blogs to learn about home equity loans and satellites......bloody spammers is being too kind!

 
At 12:47 AM , Blogger K said...

You can definitely do that with at least some versions of Blogger, because I've seen spam deleted on Lisa Snellings' journal. So Ravyn probably knows how to do it...

 
At 5:22 AM , Blogger ravyn said...

Lorraine, Lisa's blog has been hit big time by spammers. We tried limiting comments to registered users, but as you can see, they register and still get through.

She and i have both just deleted comments as they appear. When you're signed in, you should see a little trash can icon next to each comment -- click on that and you can remove it. i choose the "remove forever" option so it disappears completely.

If you have any questions, or need help with the blog in any way, just email me :-)

 
At 2:29 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Thanks for the tip Ravyn. Well, at least we know we're popular. hee hee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home