Friday, August 12, 2005

Here I Am!!!!!!!

Hello all and I am very sorry for the silence! Things have been beyond hectic and busy here, and I kept MEANING to write but there just never seemed to be a moment. Even these last few days Malena and I kept saying We Have To Blog!!!! But alas, the best laid plans......

Malena is back in the land of Sunshine and Flowers now, again, alas. We are very sad of course, but we did have a great week together and even managed to get away for a couple days and do Nothing at All , a very needed bit of R & R it was. The gig last Saturday with us and Folk UnderGround was wonderful fun and Malena sat in and sang all over the place. We have a few pictures of the gig, that I have sent over to Malena and hopefully we can post one or two here. It was great to see so many people down there too. Big thanks and hello's to our wonderful table of Goth fans who got there before we did and stayed to the bitter 2:00am end!!!!

( actually the really fun part about those particular folks is that we first met at the Fitzgerald Theater when Folk Underground opened the Talking Volumes show on NPR that my boss was doing last year, and they came up afterwards and said they had nothing to sign as they left thier cd's at home, and we then proceeded to sign ARMS I believe it was. My first body part autograph!!! )

Mirror Mirror is rolling along just fine. I am going back in the studio on September 17th and will stay until we have the thing DONE!!!! Malena is working on the cd booklet and doing some really wonderful art! You can see some of it on the tee-shirts we are selling ( those are going really fast , by the way ) When my boss came back from Singapore , he brought boxes of wonderful goodies from fans, and one of the gifts was a collection of really lovely photos that a Policeman there did and had blown up . One of these photos is a graveyard at sunset and another a close up of a spider web. Oh, yes! We will be useing both , I believe, and it makes me happy to think that photos from halfway arund the world , that came to us from someone we have never met, someone who sent them in greatful thanks for someone else's art, will now be used to make our art most lovely. If that makes any sense. ( I am still pretty tired here, hee-hee )

( must remember to write the nice policeman and ask him how he feels about this!!! )

I have a Folk UnderGround show tonight until 2:00am ( UGH!!! Whose idea WAS it that bars ought to be open that late??? ) and then the Renn Fest starts tomorrow. Not sure I am quite ready for that, but it seems to be here anyway. No, I don't talk in a fake English accent, and no I don't have a Character, just me , myself and I. I only have the one trick, no acting skills in this half of the band! Oddly enough tho someone did come up to me last week and tell me they thought I must be getting ready for festival as I was " doing my renn fest character" on stage. Uh....what do you say????

One more thing, before I get back to work here, the shows with Folk UnderGround at Kierrans next week are all going to be early ones, 6-10 on Thursday and 7-11 on Friday and Saturday, they asked if we would play the early half and it made my little sleep deprived heart sing!!!!!

Off now, but keep talking, and I Promise to be better about posting . We have lots of things in the works and I think things will start to get exciting Very Very soon, as we lead up to cd release and the biggest holiday of the year...Halloween!!!!!!!!

Love and Magic, Lorraine

5 Comments:

At 2:15 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

As far as your "character" for Ren fair, you probably do have a little difference in stage presence from a pub show. You probably have a subtle change of posture and delivery while at the Faire due to being around lots of "characters" - who probably aren't as far from their everyday selves as even they think - and a different audience, as well as the environment.
I'm not saying you're a different person, you're just showing a different aspect of your personality. Besides, you "act" every time you sing; you take on the characteristics that the song calls for in order to tell its story. So, don't sell yourself so short on acting ability. ;)

Granted, I'm saying all this having never heard you play, sing, or even speak. ;)

 
At 12:51 AM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Whose idea WAS it that bars ought to be open that late???

Could be worse... It could be New Orleans. A friend of mine moved out here and about lost his mind at the idea that bars actually closed.

Glad to hear your shows are going well, if depriving you of precious sleep and sanity.

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Having spent the past 25 years in and out of the Society for Creative Anachronism, I've found that what people looked like during the Renaissance (or other time periods)is often vastly different from what the average person thinks. After all, you are a performer, and they did have hair dyes. I don't know that they had purple hair, but I don't know they didn't either. Besides, if the Faire is selling potatoes, tomatoes, corn, or fajitas to eat, nobody has any call to complain.

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:29 PM , Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

Best wishes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home