Friday, August 19, 2005

Traveling Malena's and Gigging Zombies

Well Zombie Brain here managed to get the gig times wrong last night and we showed up ( late! ) for the 6:00pm show and found out we didn't play until 9:00pm, so instead of looking bad we looked really really efficient. A little later than I had thought to be up, but a good gig all round, despite the bouts of hysterics that over took us from time to time. I think this band has been working to hard, is what I think. ( the boys maintain that clown noises will turn any Irish Song into a Circus Tune, it was at that point I went and got them whisky )

Tonights show, and tomorrows are from 7-11. I am sure of it. I think. At Kierran's in Minneapolis.

Malena is off to Northern California for a week or ten days, and is not currently online, she asked me to mention, so that if anyone is waiting on a Tee-shirt or any other little goodies, she will send them out just as soon as she gets home again. ( she also has no roaming plan on her cell phone, says Lorraine grumpily, so talking is out as well. I am missing her here!!!! )

A lot of people are asking about the cd and when it is coming out, we are planning to have it done and out by October 15th, earlier if all goes well. I can't get back to the studio until mid-September when my Boss goes off on his signing tour. Me recording with him leading up to this would be Not Good for anyone. It's a very intense thing , the studio, especially since it is only my bits and the Mix left to do, and I need to be able to focus on it and not worry about anything else. ( I'll still have a lot of work to do here, mind you, but it can be done early mornings and evenings ) But Malena is making great progress on the booklet, with Chris Ewen and we ought to be able to finish up very quickly once the actual recording is done, hurrah! No one wants this cd out more than we do! Believe me, I have it all in my head and am DYING to get it down on tape with Adam.

I see on my calender the wonderful Miss Kitty is coming to town next week with Motley Crue! Miss Kitty we miss you and , yes, I will brave the dangers inherent in a Crue show to come and see you . ( Crue and the MN Stae Faire.? Ye gads, and I thought gigging was stressful........)

Love and Zombies and Vampires for All, Lorraine

2 Comments:

At 4:29 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

hey baby~!
yes, coming to your town & cannot Wait! it has been grueling but lovely, i have been keeping a blog on "myspace" you can connect through www.furrytiger.com and go under "kittyspace".
i have been reading all your great journals, and wish i could come to one of these fab shows, it will be in the fall. Your CD release date is the day before my birthday, what a gift for me! love to you, and i will check in next week. love you. Miss Kitty

 
At 5:46 PM , Blogger K said...

Poor Zombie Lorraine. I get times muddled up like that all the time - although if you're going to get it wrong, too early is best. Hope you've recovered.

I did manage to coordinate myself today to do a mad dash straight from work to see MirrorMask at the Edinburgh Film Festival - and I loved it...

Wish I could come to your shows as well. They sound like a blast. Maybe you should come and do the Festival Fringe next year? (This year there's a show called "Graveyard Music" held in, well, a graveyard. That made me think of you.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home