Friday, May 16, 2008

On the Edge of Serious Kitty Fame

I am feeling good tonight. I finished up a huge project today and now it is DONE. Sadly, I am not at liberty to tell you about it yet, but I am feeling right proud of myself, and feel that I should be patted on the back a few times, it was a new one for me. Stay tuned....

Here's some fun. Freaky Venus and Madame Mim may soon be Internet video stars! It went something like this...

Last weekend, our new friend Aleta, came down to a Paul and Lorraine show, and brought four of her friends, (delightful all, one was even a Flash Girls fan, blast from the past!) and one of the friends, Colette, turns out owns a Laser Pointer Business. Now anyone who has cats knows how important these little things are, HOURS of entertainment.

We started talking, she has generously agreed to donate laser pointer to my Bengal Rescue Group, and it came out that she has been wanting to do a Kitty Video for the laser website.

Hello? Bengals. She needs Bengals. MY Bengals. Can you see it? Bengals chasing lasers on the Cat Wheel???? There are a few You Tube vids with cat wheel and lasers, but they are short things people have got by luck, mostly. My Bengals LIVE to chase lasers. And anything else. They will work as many hours as it takes, to get a good shot (kind of like Malena shooting our vid, which is very, very close, by the way)

And I just happen to have a handy soundtrack ready too. Go listen to The Fox again. Perfect? Who knows where this could go. My sisters dog was once nearly on Ripleys Believe it or Not. ( they made him a full suit of armour , but didn't want to ship him and leave him for two weeks and could not go themselves )

CAA and I are talking. I can see it now. We will call it "Life in the Jungle"

My Friend who is the Assistant to a Director who may be making a Movie based on one of my Boss's books, wants to be mentioned here, and let everyone know it is 92 degrees in Portland and she forgot deodorant today. She says "Yay Armpits!"

(yes, that is JUST the sort of exciting thing we top level Personal Assistants talk about. She also called me Sparklepants, which I kind of liked.)

Love and Superstar Kitties,
Lorraine

23 Comments:

At 7:30 PM , Blogger AletaMay said...

:sigh:

I love love it when connections happen!

:pats:

Congratulation on finishing your project and on doing something new! Can't wait to see what it is. Also I hope some of those involved are giving you pats as well.

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

One of my favourit sayings has always been " You never know what will happen if you go out" You guys did good! This vid is going to rock!!!!

We will chase "The Mean Kitty Song" right up the charts!

(if you haven't see that, go, you, and google...)

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Why does my identity keep changing to LaM? Not that I mind really, but it's weird....

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger AletaMay said...

I watched the mean kitty. Very cute. We can do better! Your shifting identity makes you mysterious.

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Cool!

And congratulations on finishing your project! Obviously, today has been a good day. :)

 
At 2:45 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Woooo, Excitement!
*Pats*
Have fun with the video.

 
At 6:07 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

A new, huge mystery project? Consider my interest piqued!

My great grandmother nearly married Ripley, of Ripley's Believe It Or Not, but instead married "Daddy" Browning. Any student of 1920s pop culture, or the history of tabloids, knows how that turned out... (My great-grandmother was not Peaches, but rather his previous wife who unsuccessfully sued him in my grandmother's name for alimony and lost to Peaches.)

 
At 6:08 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

When I come out, I will show you why your identity keeps changing to "lam". I can replicate the problem; I have the technology. ^_^

 
At 6:09 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

hearty pats and congrats all the way around - how does it get so hot in portland? ugh, wish they would spread some of the warmth here so we can cheer for armpits!

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Dan, what a great story! I can't believe it...

(I slay myself)

Yes, it would be helpful if you could help my computer. Here's it's latest trick...When I open it, the screen pops on and all looks nrmal, but withing five seconds, it goes black.

The only thing to do it turn it off, wait a moment, the on, and all is well. I can't shut it down properly of course, and I don't want to leave it open all day when I am not here.

What should I do?

The vid will be some fun, I am thinking.

It is still perfect spring here. I wish it was a garden day. Every flowering tree thing is doing it's stuff. It's a rather desk oriented day today tho.

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

That is a strange trick. Did it do that before the tea bath?

 
At 10:00 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Nope. Didn't. I have started today, to shut it down when I close it, on the theory that is better than just having to turn it off. It also, now, when I turn it on, make a noise like a smoke alarm, which it never did before...

 
At 11:52 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

is computer going to sleep?
or ...?
xoxox and a shout out to Miss Portland Armpits, who i like to call Sugar Britches.

love & heatwaves from here in LA>

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Sugar Britches and SParkle Pants, that's us!

It does go to sleep just fine, after it's screen saver, it's just when I have had it closed, and open it, it lights right up, then quits, black screen....

 
At 12:45 PM , Blogger EmilyLady said...

Why bother with a Laser Pointer when they get enough entertainment from starting the dishwasher and clawing you to death? ...

~Emily

 
At 2:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The noise like a smoke alarm is... interesting.

Congratulations on the new Super-Sekrit Project. :) I don't suppose it has anything to do with making LA a bit colder? Or less humid? It's humid for this place at the moment, and I'm melting. ;/ Hot is fine, I can live with that... just not sticky with no wind. Ugh.

 
At 2:35 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

"Interesting?" How helpful is that. hee-hee...

We are sunny and 70 here. I think we got LA's weather...

You have a POINT, Emily....

 
At 9:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You totally took our weather, dude! :) Yay armpits! Yay for showers six times a day! Give it to ivenotime instead.

Do you happen to have a way to record the interesting noise? I might be much more helpful then. :) My Apple-certified Repair Weenieâ„¢ certificate is tragically out of date, so no warranty is either express or implied -- but I'll do my best to help point you in the right direction toward fixing it.

 
At 11:39 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

wait wait wait.
super secret finished project??
do tell Thrix, your sister is so very curious...
xoxoxo

 
At 5:46 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

yey,, blue skies and sunny here today, thank you pantagruel, and lorraine as i tend to get their leftover weather :) Yes kitty I agree, supersecret project would be neat to hear about! We are curious souls we are...

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Actually, we do have a digital recording thing, but it is crap, and in fact, is a souce of terrible vexation for me this weekend as I am transcribing from it and the quality is so very bad, and hard to understand.

I have actually enlisted Miss Kittys help to get this things done.

Yesterday when I got home, the computer simply "You must restart. Hold power button" which I did, but it was frozen and nothing happened. I took away it's power supply ( that'll teach it) and after half an hour, it sort of sighed, and went black.

I was then able to start it. Weird.

 
At 12:28 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

ps ouchy ouch heatwave makes transcription double ukky. batman is crying from behind his fur coat.
drew is on couch, not moving a muscle. we are slugs.
xoxoxox

and yes to kitty wheel directing project.
does you need a help?
hahahahaha from Heat Central. Malena must be one roasted chicken in her village in the valley.

 
At 7:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hrm, I have a couple of theories about the noise and the screen going black. If you feel like it, email me, and I'll send you a list of troubleshooting questions to answer, since audio is craptacular. ;)

It continues to be humid here (28% at my house), ugh. Who ordered the humidity? send it back!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home