Thursday, May 15, 2008

I know you won't believe this....

Bengals are smart. Scary smart. Look at Jungle Love 2 yesterday, taking the grate off the heating duct, with no claws, knowing that if she could get it off , she could go down there and hide.

I didn't see this one coming tho...

When I got home tonight, Venus and Mim had started the dishwasher for me.

There it was, running. I sure hadn't started it. It wasn't on when I left around six.

Do you think I might get them to do the laundry too?

My friend Anne from New York and I made a Plan today for getting Jungle Love 2 out of the ducts. We couldn't leave her there, in some sort of weird subterranean half life, wandering the ducts, scaring the children, haunting the walls. And there didn't seem to be anyone in the yellow pages who specialized in this sort of thing.

We decided on a live trap. If we put her food in it and wedged it tightly, she would come and there she would be. Like the best laid plans of the mice, we didn't end up having to. There she was, under the chair with her friend, Jungle Love 1. I got to the grate before she did, and Anne, who has tool skills, bolted it to the wall.

I bought Jungle Love 2 a cage today. She is going to live in it for a bit. It's not something I want to do, but if she has any chance of knowing me and being a friend, she can't keep hiding. It's large enough, litter, water, and I covered it so she will feel safe. She can look out tho, and see JL1, and now she can learn when I come in, she gets nice words and food.

We will do this for a bit, and see if she warms up at all. And take it from there. In another day I will start giving her a pet, so she can know that nothing bad will happen. JL1 is still remembering yesterday and did not come out to eat while I was there.

Slow going, these kitties.

Venus, Mim and I are going to go off and go over the chores that need to be done tomorrow. Stranger things have happened.

Love and adventures,
Lorraine

14 Comments:

At 10:17 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

So did LJ1 get friendly with you again? Did she forgive you for putting her in a blanket and forcing her to claw her way out of it?

Started the dishwasher? Are you sure there wasn't any other cat trapped in there?

 
At 4:45 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Well, after they learn the laundry, vacuuming and dusting will be a snap! Merry Housekeeper will have some competition :)

 
At 7:17 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

You teach JL1 and JL2 to do the laundry and I will take them of your hands!

 
At 7:21 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I guess I don't have to bring the CatVacuum device I was building in my evil laboratory, as JL2 not longer needs to be sucked out of the ventillation system. Ah well.

 
At 7:24 AM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Yes, that would make them more adoptable now wouldn't it.....

JL1 still isn't sure. Anne is really good with cats and has been giving me advice, we got to the point this morning where we could pet them, or rather, they let us, and they saw that hands are not bad.

Still not comiing out, but they are doing some blinking, which is the cat world is good.

 
At 7:35 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

I don't know, Dan, might not be a bad plan....

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger AletaMay said...

Blinking is a very good sign!

I totally believe the dishwasher thing. There used to be a TV ad for some sort of dish soap that told a little story of how the POWER of the dish soap and the wanderings of a cat could actually clean a sink full of dishes. Turning on the dishwasher sounds so much easier.

 
At 11:47 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

i want a CAT VACCUUM, Danth!
bring it to BAlticon and we can do a demo there in the Neverwear booth...
xoxoxo
Quiche, you are a human scratching post---
miss you all. and soon i will be posting Hera, and miss Spacedlaw in their Neverwear---xoxox
serious heat wave here in LA, double plus bad.

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Cat Vacuum!!!! It sounds like , well, something we could have adventures with!

Is Spacelaw wearing the feather hat and boa???

Shelly says it is 92 in Portland. Where is everyone today? Outside? Ditching work? Tired of the Wild Kingdom blog, hee-hee?

Wish I was outside, sigh...Back to work.

 
At 1:47 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

kinda cool and cloudy today. i have been outside cleaning up the mess the exterminators left behind yesterday, working on the student show, doing accounting stuff - busy day, but not lots of fun. actually have a load in the dishwasher, been hoping our kitty will start it for me, and take the laundry out of the washer and put it in the dryer- ooh dan, kitty vacuum, sounds like great evil fun!

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

The Cat Vacuum(tm) is very useful when you need to collect a large number of cats quickly without risk of scratching and biting, or need to extract a cat from walls, ceilings, or trees.

Note that cats larger than two feet in diameter may clog the suction nozzle.

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

ah Danth, you make me do my evil laugh... ah hhahahahahahaha

er... cackle.

does it come with a kitten-sized nozzle too?

 
At 5:35 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

The included nozzle is fully certified for everything from kittens up to your standard cat.

If you want to suck up cats weighing more than 10lb you need the optional HooverOverdrive with PowerBoost Technology(TM). You fit the CatVacuum's nozzle into the HooverOverdrive and then use the HooverOverdrive SuperNozzle(R) to slurp the cat or cats.

If you wish to suck up cats of diameter greater than 2 ft., you have only to purchase the Extended Nozzle, which also comes with a pulley rigging system for lifting your enormous beast down from trees, roofs, or second stories.

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

lulz llulllzzzz

I love it

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home