Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Adventures? You decide.....

I had a think today about what in the world I could write about tonight that could possibly equal yesterday's adventure, and was not at all sure I could come up with anything. I mean, yesterday was truly an adventure of some magnitude.

But then, isn't every day?

Let's try a few things....

Woke up. Tea. Not much there.

Merry Housekeeper came over to help me paint my porch (ok, to be truthful, it ought to read paint my porch with absolutely no help from his painting challenged girl) and I discovered that not only had she done that, but also the railings of the deck outside, based on the fact that I told her a year ago I wanted it white, and had never got around to telling her I changed my mind.

Cool thing tho, I was right the first time, it looks great! (which had I had the painting of it, it would not have.) Interesting, but not an adventure.

Did some assistanting. Goes like this: No, no, no he can't, well maybe, Is it on a tropical island and do I get to go, no, soon promise, and NO!

Hardly worth a blog.

Planted some plants. If they grow, we shall no doubt later rejoice. If not, we can mourn together.

Music? Well, Paul and I are excited about this live cd thing, and have decided to learn some new songs, which we will share with each other for the first time as we record Live on Stage. This will be blog worthy in a couple of weeks, I have no doubt.

Took Dog for a couple of walks. Did NOT go near the evil bees. I had to Fed-ex Boss his Tux for BEA. One sends it in a suitcase, oddly enough, as that is what they are meant for. When I brought it down, poor Cabal began to whimper, and would NOT leave my side. To him, it means Someone is going away. I cheered him up riding my bike around, throwing toys, and some agility things. Wonderful fun, but I am certainly not going to take up your valuable time writing an entire paragraph which could be entitled "What I did With the Dog Today" I mean, really...

Read another couple of chapters of Sense and Sensibility. Love the prose, but good Gods, don't these people ever DO anything???

The Cat Wheel has arrived and Mim is the Cat Wheel Demon. She has learned when she runs too fast and spins around to the top, to jump off, rather than go crashing down, as she did at first. When I get video, THIS will be fun.

Aha. I have it. Adventure City.

I had heard that Bengals will walk on leashes. Seeing as how I have nothing going on right now, and so very much spare time, I thought, why not get a couple diamond studded collers and harnesses, and take the little fiends for a walk!

(File under "Seemed like a Good Idea at the time")

Actually, it wasn't so bad, Madame Mim had a blast, running all over, chasing nothing, and exploring everything. I enlisted the help of my ever patient neighbours, and Makela took Mim and I had the, "well it MIGHT be cool, but I am not committing myself" Venus.

For a small town we drew some really nice crowds. I may yet get famous. If only as The Crazy Lady who Takes Her Cats For Walks. And my camera battery charger will be here tomorrow! Pictures to come!!!! Promise! (I learned tonight you cannot take a photo of your cat on the cat wheel with your laptop. Nope.)

I think we will do this nightly. It is good to have a social life.

And adventures.

Love and Leashes,
Lorraine

21 Comments:

At 7:45 PM , Blogger merryhousekeeper said...

well you will be happy to know my hand cramp went away (knew it would) And MIM wasn't chasing nothing, she was after little flying things and cottonwood fuzz (my favorite) I think the girls did very well today, I even caught "A" Jungle love peeking out the window at them. Love and laughter is softening them up. I am quite glad you like the white rails, your spooky little house is becoming more enchanting every day.

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Bulfinch's Aglaia said...

I love reading about your days. I always want to jump in my car and drive on up North and do fun things with cats and bees and dog (and I'm pretty good with household cleansers!). Sigh. And yes, they do a *few* things in Sense and Sensibility, but not tons. The lovely and talented Ms. Austen was not a firm believer in action sequences. Pride and Prejudice has lots more stuff happening (well, kinda, in an Austenish sort of way, not a Fablo-with-the-bees-and-a-violin-and-bengals sort of way), and I hope you get a chance to read it someday. And for some reason, Cabal whining at the sight of a suitcase makes me a tiny bit sad...

 
At 7:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really, after yesterday, I think you're due for a fairly relaxing and noneventful day. :)

Yes, Austen's characters do DO things... but only on the inside. It's all written in Subtext Vision.

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

holy bee suits, Batman!!!
i am so glad you did the right thing, and DIDN"T PANIC!! that blog was nerve-wracking. i wish i was there to feel the *bonk* of the bee. someday soon. Great work on the bee fornt, you ladies.

i fly home tomorrow and will be calling you, Q.
if i am lucky Miss KickAss Malena will meet me @ airport0--xoxo free lunch is promised! *wink

have so much to say about Balticon, forgive my slowness, worked the Duran show last night @ Meriwether post pavillion, so am a bit behind.

Quiche, LIVE ALBUM***?? can i take some photos!!??

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

I do like the deck with the white railings, you were SO covered in paint, Merry Housekeeper!

( and I do need to do a post on the Jungle Loves soon, all good )

I am going to read ALL of Ms Austen's works. And I am going to Get It. I watched EMMA the other night and loved it, but kept seeing bits of Selene in black leather, from the best movies ever, Underworld, in her...Even if Ms Beckensale was much younger then.

Kitty, you had best call me, you have no idea, check your e-mail for 100 new messages! And yes, you will be taking pictures, if the cd is to have any!

Bet you can't wait to get into a Bee Suit!

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Oh, and, yes, it made me sad too, that Cabel was so distressed today with the suitcase.

With dogs, one is SO responsible for their emotions. Every moment. Like a small child. And they need so much.

I feel totally bonded with this dog, the first ever I have been around, and I adore him, mostly, but I think I am so much more of a cat person.

Cats are like, "Hey cool, you with the thumbs, open the can, play with us, watch us do freaky things, worships us, and leave us when we say...Oh Going away? Like we need you!"

The love is as strong, but they don't NEED you. Tho I admit, being the center of this dogs life, when the Boss is gone ( he has no time for me when he is there) is somethiing

 
At 10:25 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Yepee! Pictures!
And mini leopards on a leash! Cool!
Poor Cabal though, makes me want to cuddle him.

 
At 10:29 PM , Blogger AletaMay said...

Some adventures don't require fearing for your life. That is a good thing.

I think Mim is working out so she looks good in the upcoming laser pointer video. :nods:

 
At 1:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Austen's novels are kind of like those British drawing room films where no one goes outside much and if they do they take a turn around the garden and come straight back in.;) In other words, as a costume drama junkie, I really need to hit the library.;)


"Did some assistanting. Goes like this: No, no, no he can't, well maybe, Is it on a tropical island and do I get to go, no, soon promise, and NO!"
This really made me giggle, because all of those "no's" made me think of you singing that They Might Be Giants song called "No!" down the phone.

Cabal is a pretty smart dog, to know that suitcases mean No Dad. Poor guy. At least you were able to cheer him up. Good thing about dogs..distractability. Cats are..hmm more determined, sometimes.

 
At 6:08 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

wow, neglect the computer for a day, and there's an hours worth of reading and catching up on! i would love to be in a bee suit and get bonked, but i think most of your adventure is just fine reading about it, glad you and Sharon didn't panic, and glad Dog is not allergic. Can't wait to see video of Mim on a wheel - what fun, and great exercise, and to see them being walked around. when i was in portland, or, last summer, i was in a gallery when one of the artists walked in with a beautiful bengal perched on his shoulder with a harness on. the most regal animal i have ever seen, and the artist wasn't too bad either..(didn't know it was a bengal at the time, but it looked just like yours) It's neat that you are getting to experience the Love of Dog - i was always a cat person too before Tank, and it is a totally different, much more dependent relationship. little dear who threw up Something Evil this morning as a gift...Kitty, hope Balticon was fun, and you get caught up!

 
At 6:08 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:15 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

It sounds so ominous, the way Blogger says, This post has been removed by the author., like maybe (s)he's euthanized it or something.

The cat wheel sounds crazy. Good idea for active cats, though, if they'll deign to use it.

Walking cats on leashes sounds like the fun sort of madness.

 
At 6:31 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Some cats will just REFUSE to submit to the infamy of a leash. I tried to use one on my Persian cat once, to take her to the vet which was just around the corner from my house. The thing hid under a (thorny) bush and refused to budge. She had "Disapproving Cat" written all over her grumpy little flat face.

 
At 6:43 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

snicker, it does indeed sound ominous dan! too bad my comment just double posted itself..

 
At 8:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dog Love is awesome, as in filled-with-awe. My cat likes me, but guarding me is my Dog's reason for existence. Well, that and guarding the house.

I think the thing (okay, maybe a thing) to get about Austen is that the books she wrote were biting social commentary, satires on the previous style of novel, called 'sentimental' novels (Tristam Shandy, etc.), and scathing critiques of life and gender politics in her time. If you've suffered through any of those sentimental novels, Austen becomes infinitely funnier, because then you know what she's parodying. I'm trying to think of a good modern analogue… Dorothy Parker? H.L. Mencken? Wodehouse? The Daily Show? There's probably a thesis in there somewhere, but I'd need a lot more coffee, first.

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Looking forward to cat video (with leash, on the wheel, chasing laser lights) to compete against this one of cats on a treadmill

 
At 12:28 PM , Blogger EmilyLady said...

This sounds creepy, but I enjoy learning of the normalities of another's day. One person's routine is often interesting to someone else. I hope I'm not the only one. Maybe I am creepy.

~Emily

 
At 1:06 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

I am beginning to think I do not have normal days...

Danguy....Snicker...Very funny!

I am going to do a post soon about something I didn't mention, as I thought it un-important at the time, yesterday, but as it tuned out, was the true adventure.

(if that sentence didn't come out right, blame the codeine)

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Codeine?
You have a cold?

 
At 1:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Codeine? Are you alright? Did you break yourself somehow?

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger Bulfinch's Aglaia said...

Fablo!! As a friend of mine says, "Oh my gatos!" (particularly appropriate, seeing how we are cat-infested here, yay for that) -- codeine is for pain, lung sickness, or both. This sounds bad...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home