Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Weird Cats and New Websites....

Playing with Hera was wonderful fun. Thank you to everyone who came down for the show. She had a great time and can't wait to come back. Which she is going to do, we have decided! Thanks also going out to our own Miss Kitty the tour manager ( sorry I forgot to tell you the PA stayed put before you hauled it all out while Hera and I were lazing around our changing room! ) and to Paul , for his help, and to Mark for recording.

We will get the mixed copy of the show in a few days, I think, and after we have had a chance to listen to it, we will decide on a Plan, either posting a song or two or doing up some cd's.

All of my pictures of the show, that you haven't seen are on another computer, so here is something completely different for you! This is Hera's cat Brjann , with a stuffed Bat hanging above him. Only in Iceland.....( I did tell Hera, however, that she no longer wins the " I have the weirdest looking pet" contest, since poor Misty got so mangled...)



Ah, wait one little moment! Here's one of Hera and I hanging on Paul. He doesn't look unhappy, now , does he????

Speaking of Paul and Lorraine, Paul and I have exciting news! We have given up trying to think of an actual band name and , with the help of Malena and the Web Elf, have set up a website! ( actually " Help" implies Paul and I actually DID something, and it was all them, all of it! And they are very, very good! ) here you go: www.paulandlorraine.com It's still in progress and will most likely change about, but if you want to know where and when Paul and I are playing, this is the place for you.

Another addition to the schedule for St Pats Day too! Being completely crazed, we have taken ANOTHER gig. This one is at a new Pub in Minneapolis that isn't actually open yet, but received permission from the city to be open for one day. We will be playing there from Noon to 3:00pm, then off to Charlie's from 4:00PM to 1:00AM. I don't know the name of the Pub yet, but I know some of you like only the Minneapolis Gigs, so here is your head's up, I'll be adding it to the schedule as soon as I get the info , over at Paulandlorraine.com

I fear St Pats Day......Send me prayers and energy!!!!

Have a great time this weekend, where ever you are!!!!!

I will leave you with the Before and After photos for poor Misty. All condolences will be passed on as soon as she is talking to me again.

Weird Cats, Music and Magic,
Lorraine


14 Comments:

At 5:10 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Those are some scary looking cats! And the one photo of Misty? makes her look as is she's one angry kitty! Plus, maybe due to the lack of thick fur they both look a little anorexic, feed those kitties!

By the way the photo of Hera in her black and white dress with black boots, is she wearing a corset? Great outfit!

Enjoy the cold, cool air. Today it was 90 and I had to drive way out to Fashion Island (a.k.a. Fascist Island) to do some major banking. I really don't like life behind the Orange Curtian, land of the G.O.P.

Have a magical St. Patrick's Day Gig!
Love & Namaste -

 
At 5:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Hera here again :)
Love the new website! and you got the nice long email address.... haha :)
Still haven't made a blogger thingie but hope posting this works..
xox

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

It worked just fine , Hera! Glad all is well, we had so much fun!

The corset Hera is wearing was one from Malena and I, something to remember us by, as it were, hee-hee!

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Glad all went well, and sounds like a fun time was had by all! Wish I could've been there even if it meant flying into THAT airport. btw - did I miss the reason, but why was kittie shaved like that? is she ill? or an effort to reduce hair? which i can sympathize with as our dogs are creating puppy sized balls on a daily basis. balls that roll on their own volition over the floor, coming to rest in the middle of each room. But hastily move when the broom comes out....its a plot I tell you, a plot!~

 
At 12:35 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

I LOVE that bat !

Great news about the new gig (again request for pictures/videos etc.). Enjoy !

My cats send their love and support to Misty.

 
At 2:43 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I still cannot believe they shaved Misty.

I'm so glad to hear that Hera had fun and will be back.

The site looks cool! It's about time you and Paul had your own presence.

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Poor Misty. Have you tried explaining that you didn't know those evil people would do that to her? That you didn't know they were evil, or you would never, never have left her there?
::sigh:: Well, she might start talking to you again after you get home from being gone all day Saturday. Benign absence seems to make the heart stronger, at least it does with my cat.

And, no, Paul definitely does not look unhappy. Can't imagine why.

;)

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

This gig in Mineapolis I spoke of has been cancelled. They could not get a music permit , sadly, so we are JUST and ONLY playing 4-1 at Charlie's on St Pats.

There will be an all star cast coming down for the Thursday show, we hear...Big Sexy from the Tim Malloys is bringing a Posse of folks and , trust me, anything could happen.

By the way, Misty, the poor shaved cat seems reconciled to her shaven state and is getting all cozy again. Her fur was so matted and horrid, that I am sure she is more comfortable, if not a fashion Diva.

For those of you following the saga of Fred, the unlucky black cat, it seems he is , again, not well, and will be going off to the vet , yet again. Send him some good thoughts.

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

poor fred, but good on misty.

Looking forward to news of the music.

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

So sorry to read about Fred! I'll pray to Saint Francis of Assisi for him!
Too bad about your Patrick's Day Gig, still now you're free to go out and enjoy green beer with your friends or friend.
Enjoy a wonderful Saint Patrick's Day. Namaste

 
At 12:26 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Oh, noooo, poor Fred !
My kitties send love, purrs and crunching goodies his way.

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

That Fred! Don't make me update your lifespan field, Fred!

 
At 6:36 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

Fred, Fred, Fred, my magical buddy.
hold on for a while longer, would you>? he has my love.
i am home, it is beautiful out, Batman is on the roof & the crows are in the trees...
Had a grande time with miss Quiche Lorraine.
Miss her terribly already. And the canceled St. Patrick's Day gig? probably a blessing in disguise....
Malena, lunch soon?!?!?! xoxoxo meow

 
At 12:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord-were they grooming or mutilating? Poor baby.
Best to Fred.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home