Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Spring, cd's, laundry and Hera

Today it was 51 degrees. That is, quite possibly, the coolest ( or hottest ) thing I can tell you tonight. I ought to point out , 51 is 70 degrees warmer than two weeks ago. No one wore a coat or jacket and a lot of people were running around town in shorts. I myself, opted for the black sassy pants, which are a lot like shorts sometimes, as they keep falling down. Full moon in a small town!

It looks as tho, finger crossed, that Chris Ewen is going to come out on the 18th of March to finish the recording! I told him I had 20 hours of gigs in the THREE days before that and I would be one HOT fiddler. ( or one dead fiddler, which is right up me and Malena's alley anyway. ) Seriously tho, I do like recording after playing live a lot, you can bring so much of that energy to the recording. Of course, Malena has done all her bits already, so listening to her sing while I lay down tracks is no bad way to go either.

I did all my laundry AND the cat boxes tonight after work tonight. Not bragging, just stating the facts. If it wasn't so hot out tonight, I would go and hot tub. ( oh I slay myself! ) I am trying to watch Chasing Amy and have yet to figure out if I like it or not. Might have overextended myself on the laundry and cat boxes.

I will leave you with the flyer the oh so talented Miss Kitty did for me and Hera's gig. If you can make it, please do. This is her first US appearance ever, and we are going to have some fun. Oh, did I ever actually SAY we were doing a gig? Or did I just hint at it?????? Now if only we can talk Malena into coming too, sigh ( if you haven't been to her blog lately to see what MISS INSANE has been up to, you ought to go read her last post... ).......Well, here you go....

Music and magic,
Lorraine

16 Comments:

At 9:21 PM , Blogger Malena said...

That is a bitchen hair do Miss Deva. Was that taken the night we went to Chris' club in Boston? I think it was. You kept saying, "Oh, it looks silly!" and I'd say, "Shut up Dev, it's couture goth!" Then you looked at the pic and said, "Yes! I love it"

I wish I were coming to your gig. Miss Hera looks like our kind of chic. Anyone who puts that much effort into her eyeliner is fabu in my book!
Love you all!

P.S. Our fan club has officially arrived. We are getting livecam chic spam. Camchic spam...sounds really foul, huh! Now what would give those silly hookers the idea that the LaMies want to see naked white trash chics when they've got Lorraine a Malena? He heeee

 
At 9:47 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Live cam spam?????

And I seem to be posting as you again, Malena. When will I get this down??? Hee-hee....

I kind of liked the hair once I saw the pics, it was at the club in Boston with Chris. My fav Goth moment. Except for maybe EVERY Halloween with you!

 
At 12:07 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

ladies!
i love the "full moon in a small town"--
it looks like Lo is posting as Malena again,
is it so?
ok, sweet dreams, my girls,
as for "Chasing Amy" it is a fine example of from the heart writing, and Earl-before-he-was Earl steals it as Banky the tracer. give it more time. wait and watch it when i get there----xxoxoxoxo kit

 
At 3:00 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

"a lot like shorts sometimes" -- LOL

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Well, Ms. Fabulous, it looks like your back as yourself on Blogger. :)

Sounds to me like you need a smaller size in those Sassy Pants. WooHoo!!

 
At 2:30 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Okay, so that should be "YOU'RE back to yourself."

Gee, can yew tell I are a college grajiate. X)

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Kitty says she is bring me clothes that are too big for her, so I shall soon be decent again.

Malena cleaned out her closet for me too, but sadly, her biggest clothes are still a few sizes away from me, skinny girl that she is, still, SOON , I will wear them!

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Love the hair do Miss Lorraine, gives you a real Goth Goddess look! Sounds as if you're really slimming down. you go girl! But remember tone is more important than pounds. However, playing the violin should keep your arms very tone indeed!
I wasn't that thrilled with the film "Chasing Amy" either. But maybe sharing it with Miss Kitty will make it a more interesting and enjoyable experience. Art is usually more fun and powerful when you share it with a friend or lover.
Please, ENJOY your winter! I live in the land of eternal summer, like the Lotus Eaters in the Tennyson poem. Namaste

 
At 6:50 AM , Blogger K said...

It's 51 degrees F here too - and it is a lovely day. Though I wouldn't exactly say it's hot.

I love Hera's eyeliner/mehndi/whateveritis too. I have enough trouble doing ordinary eyeliner... can't even do a squirly thing (à la Death).

Hope the gigging goes very well!

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Snow coming this weekend. 15-17 inches before it is done.

Spring is over.

Sigh.

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger Olga Nunes said...

You should watch Kissing Jessica Stein-- which I think I liked a teeny bit better than Chasing Amy, though both films live in the same neighborhood. :)

 
At 2:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice post!

 
At 12:36 PM , Anonymous World of Warcraft Gold Guides said...

good post :)

 
At 1:42 AM , Anonymous BUY WOW GOLD said...

Nice blog. I a also ardent player of WOW GOLD. I love this game. Nice posting about wow gold. Thanks

 
At 4:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 
At 2:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you!!!
[URL=http://superjonn.50webs.com/megu-restaurant-week-2010.html]megu restaurant week 2010[/URL]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home