Saturday, January 06, 2007

'Nuff Said!!!!!!!


On the way to the show last night , listening to MPR. I heard about a wonderful new thing. Truly. This IS America , Folks! It seems that 20 to 40% of the DOGS in this country are obese. So the FDA has just approved Slentrol . To help your DOG lose weight.

Hello??? Am I the only one here who is baffled? I mean, it's your dog. Feed it right. Talk it for a walk. Yes? I don't have a dog ( yet ) but it would seem to me that one of the reasons for having a dog is to take it for walks with you. Almost a fitness AID. Sort of an extra added boost to get you out of the house and walking.

A diet drug for dogs.

MPR is fun, don't get me wrong, they were simply reporting on the event, not advocating it. ( And who can forget last week, on the way to the New Years Eve Show, where they did an entire hour on the Doctor who invented the Lobotomy, kind of a funny ironic New Years piece if you think about it. )

The gig last night was beyond fun, I think we took a total of 20 minutes break in the four hour show, so many people having so much fun, myself not the least. Can't wait for tonight, we are going as pirates, complete with flags and shirts and all sorts of really bad pirate jokes. I don't know why we are doing this, just that it seemed like a good idea at the time ( shows what sober can do, hee-hee ! )

Other than that I am working out and eating right and getting ready to shoot some video in the spring, all very exciting and a very new thing for me. Am I perfect? Do I manage the workout every day? Eating only lean meat and veggies? Nope. No way. Can't happen. Went on a pasta jones for BREAKFAST this morning. But did I eat the whole box with an entire stick of butter? ( trust me, I can do it. Won't even blink, I'm a pro ) Nope. One serving. With veggie sauce.

And am I happy with myself ?

You bet.

Now I am off to play my violin and save the dogs of America.

Love and Pirates,
Lorraine

7 Comments:

At 5:38 PM , Blogger Stardustgirl said...

I had to laugh when I read about the dog diet drug. Robin weighs 5 pounds, Jack weighs 4 (and while I call him Fat Belly Jack because he still has puppy chub since he's only 9 months old, he's nowhere near overweight). I open the back door several times a day and let them run in the backyard. Oh, do they RUN! I don't think I could keep up with them.

Good for you on the pasta!!

 
At 6:26 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

YEY Lorraine for positive changes! Good for you! My achilles diet heel is...fritos, cheez puff...I can eat a big bag easily, specially when I'm stressed. I heard a news blip on doggie diet pills too - good lord, what's next?!? We call our corgi "the walking stomach", but he still manages to stay pretty trim, with a couple of walks and a few games of chase in the house daily. Keeps me more active too!

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

And I'll bet the same people that end up giving their dog(s) the canine diet drug are the very same ones that won't get them rabies shots because the shots create tumors. :P

The whole canine diet drug was a segment on our local news out of Waco, TX on Friday night, though I don't doubt it was on NPR, too.

There was an interesting final segment on tonight's 10 PM (Sunday) local news about a "delicacy" that is being served in a Minneapolis coffee shop. Cat piss coffee is not something I would try for free, much less spend $40 a cup to drink. X(

Go, Ms. Fabulous!

 
At 5:34 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I've been trying to imagine a reasonable need for doggie diet drugs.

I don't over-feed my dog, he's genetically pre-disposed to bulk?

I don't under-exercise my dog, he's just big boned?

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Ha! Dan, you are so funny! My pig dogs eat senior citizen food and look just fine. Who wants a dog looking like Nicole Richie anyway?
This country has too much time and too much money to waste.

 
At 12:43 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Gee, how long do you think it will be before they come out with a feline diet drug?
Is an avian diet drug in the future?

And let us not forget the fish lovers out there.

Is there such a thing as an overweight fish? ::scratching head::

 
At 4:48 PM , Blogger elizabeth said...

I believe that fish just get bigger overall (as opposed to fat) if you feed them more. Same with reptiles. Maybe it's a cold-blooded thing.

Good job with the pasta, Lorraine! You are looking noticeably trimmer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home