Monday, December 11, 2006

Gigs All Over the Place...

I have to say, yet again, that playing with Lojo is more fun than a basket of kittens, truly. She is SO very good, and I learn so much every time I play with her. And I am certain that I laugh more each and every time I play with her. Neither one of us exactly has the NAMES of the keys down real well, so that makes for some little amusement. And she, ( much like playing with Johhny and Adam ) knows many of the same songs, only in different keys and a different style. We would be halfway thru a song sometimes before I not only figured out what key she was actually in, but that it was a song I had been playing for many many years.

As I said, we had a blast.

Another fun thing with Lojo is she plays in SERIOUSLY weird tunings on her guitar. I can generally follow a guitar player by watching their hands and looking at what chord they are playing. This ever so developed technique does not work with Ms Russo.

Again, we had a blast.

Thank you so much everyone who came down and packed this little club! Both nights were wonderful fun. ( Mr. Picture Guy, I'd love to see some shots! Maybe not the videos, but yes on the pictures! ) I am honestly say I am a better player than I was two days ago. It was like an 8 hour practice over two nights, with a room full of people cheering us on.

Paul Score and I are playing at Charlie's on December 22 and 23 and also the 29, 30 and New Years Eve. ( Playing music I actually KNOW???? Sign me up! ) We haven't played in a while now and I can't wait to get back again. Tho I am sure we will have a few suprises for eachother...If you are looking for a wild, drunken, noise filled, crowded bash, well , go somewhere else for New Years. But if you want some really fun music and a bunch of friends, come and join us. We'll try playing anything once. ( yes, we now know both Danny Boy and Freebird )

What else is fun? Our Malena seems to have gotten bit by the Holiday Spirit and is busy shopping and making things, ( crafty little thing that she is, ) and lots of wrapping, I hear . I myself am still waiting for the magic of the festive season. What are you all up to? Getting into the Spirit or laying back and taking it easy? Doing different things? Filled with Magic? The only shopping I have done so far I did months ago when I bought Malena a coat she coveted when she was here last summer from an antique store here in my town, and since I have already given it to her I am not sure it counts.

Right now I am mostly looking for ward to finishing this CD. We got another " rough" from Chris today and he is most definitely going to be out here in January to do the final recording . ( brave man, Chris ) That may well be my Christmas.

Love, Gigs and Holiday Spirit,
Lorraine

7 Comments:

At 7:40 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Hey Lorraine! I know just the thang to put you in the holiday spirit! Yes, that's right!! Tinsel hair extensions! Wouldn't that be a blast?

It is always uplifting to be around cool, creative folks. They inspire and encourage just by being themselves. I wish I could be at your new year's bash. Good music and smart, creative people is the bestest.

I know everyone here has been busy. The blog hasn't changed much since the last time I checked in. I've been traveling and creating cool clothes and holiday gifties. Had a blast over T-giving w/e with ravyn, her fam and friend and my in-laws. I purchased a 2007 Subaru B-9 Tribeca and put 2k miles on it driving back and forth to DC.

I can't wait for the new CD.

Luvvies to all!!

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Hey Vanda, cool car! lucky girl! glad everyone's thanksgiving has been fun, and Lorraine, the gigs sound like so much fun - wish I could go!. Alas, Michigan is not close (darn that lake). Holiday stuff? not yet, I just got done teaching the last class of the semester!! Whoot! I need some holiday gladness and spirit! maybe tinsel hair extensions, maybe a fun crafty thingie...hmm..maybe a party, a fun party, with fun fiddling music and fun people! I have been taking Irish step dance classes, so I can even do 1/4 of a real jig. and on Tuesday I hope to push that to 1/2. we will see. hope everyone else has been catching the spirit of the season, and having lots of good times!

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Lolo + Lojo = bliss!

I have to get work to send me out your way to coincide with one of your gigs.

I am currently at a conference in Boston, missing the fam but having a pleasant time doing conferency stuff and catching up with various friends.

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Hey Sue!
Yes, it is an awesome car! Complete with a daisy magnet that my friend gave me instead of putting on her new yellow volkswagen.

I needs to email you, gurrrl. I've been a lousy friend to most everyone as of late. The only person who seems to get any of my time, and not nearly much at all (outside of my fam, of course) is Ravyn. But, alas, I would rather spend time and communicate properly than communicate at all. I guess the only reason I make brief comments like this is that I want people to know they're on my mind. :-)

However, 5 yards of herringbone cashmere and a Miyake swing coat pattern seem to take precedence over the little spare time I do have.

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

That second picture of you and Lojo is absolutely beautiful for reasons I'm not sure of... but I love it! You two just look so pleased with yourselves... like you just got into some trouble, but didn't get caught, or something.

Things are crazy around here. Both my husband and I got jobs, after being essentially unemployed since Fiddler's Green (yep, 2004). But I'm still trying to keep up on crafts n' things (doing a crap job of it, but what the hey). Right now I'm making stockings for the family - even the cats (kitties need pressies from Santa too!). And in a few minutes husband and rugrat will be home, so I should finish up my sewing break and get back to it.

If I don't get a chance to post again before the holidays - Merry Yule Thingie to you all!

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looking forward to the new album! Remember Sirens of Cinema does CD reviews for people we love the most! ;) - Mike

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Lorraine, the Evil Elf!! We WUVS it!! I think that smile of yours definitely would pull that one off!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home