Tuesday, October 31, 2006

It was a Dark and Scary Night...

The Fabulous Lorraine is quite a writer. I've been telling her this for quite some time. So, as we try to recover from our night of costumes, and vampire veins (which Miles airbrushed on...they are still on)we're going to chill out a bit. I am going to read you some of the...
SECRET haunted poetry and magical rhymes from the vault of the Fabulous Lorraine.
(Psssstt! Click on the voice message) We are not podcast literate as of yet, so this is what you get..today from LaM. We are going to call Lorraine's Boss' WebElf tomorrow and ask her if she can work some of her magic so we can post audio.

And then, there's video....I want you all to know that Lorraine is telling you to be afraid. "BE VERY AFRAID!", She yells! We've been testing out the new audio/video "movie MAKER" on my new laptop. And trust me, Lorraine says, they will NEVER see the light of day. It went something like this,
Lorraine: I don't think we have this video thing down yet, Div.
Malena: Well, hell no! Not with me looking like this!

So, we're working on our website audio/video capabilities. You know, I told Lorraine,
"Give me a month and there will be pyrotechnics, animated backgrounds, smoke machines, and a wet bar! Move over Madonna. It's LaM on a laptop!

Oh btw, we have lots of cool photos. Some that Lorraine could EASILY blackmail me with and get ANYTHING I POSSESS!

Lorraine says to tell you,
"The witching hour has come and gone, and tomorrow is Halloween. And it's time for all good LaMies to be fast asleep in their beds. (That goes for LaM as well.)"
..she hints darkly. "So goodnight my dears! Goodnight! Sweet dreams, of all things dark and sexy...especially things that go bump in the night!"

Love and All Hallows,

Malena and the ever Fabulous Lorraine.

XO

7 Comments:

At 5:00 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Cool cool poem, what a great way to begin Halloween - and happy day to all! Sadly, will be very quiet here, I live too far out to have trick or treaters, and my daughter has a party to attend (oh to be 16 again!). Tho i do have a secret stash of chocolate, that and a scary book should do the trick.

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

Oooohhh... shivers. Lovely ladies... lovely.

Hope you have a smashing All Hallow's Eve (eat the candy anyway ... you are supposed to this time of year).

Happy Halloween to all.
And to all a good bite.

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

(perhaps I should clarify... the shivers were in response to your poem)

 
At 1:33 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Alas, I shall not be donning a costume this night. All our energy went to getting the girls' costumes built and taking them on the homeowners association trick or treat hay ride this past Saturday. Eldest (5) went as a pink goblin princess; youngest (3 on Nov. 3) went as a spider.

In any case, the wind has changed direction and is now blowing from the north. The moon is waxing gibbous, and I have a special meal/offering to prepare. Life is always interesting.

 
At 1:34 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

::hand to forehead::

That is a really cool poem, and read well. :)

 
At 5:34 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

This year we stopped trying to maximize our candy-to-walking ratio and just trick-or-treated around the 10 houses in our neighborhood (rather than go to the rich part of town for hours). Less candy, happy children in bed at a decent hour, bliss!

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger Malena said...

I am currently recovering (not well) from a sugar hangover. IT's 9 in the F%$&*^% morning. I love Lorraine.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home