Sunday, December 24, 2006

Housework, TV , Books and Xmas Magic

This weekend, besides having some really fun gigs with Paul Score, I learned a couple things that , I am certain, will improve my life dramatically. I have a new vacuum, which, I am certain, if I can only find the right button, will do things like my grocery shopping, and any laundry that might be lying around. The one thing I have not been able to get it to do is, right: vacuum. I now know that when checking the cup thing that the dirt and dust and whatever else it sucks up collects ( WHEN it sucks being the operative word ) it opens at the bottom, not the top, so that one can dump it right into the garbage. Or the floor. ALL over the floor, ( which was not getting vacuumed anyway ) and this, is handy info to know. Also, if you show it who is Boss by stomping harshly on the front, it will actually, uh, suck stuff up. Housekeeping has never been so interesting.

The other thing I learned, which has made my Holiday much more festive, is that I can now make my tv change from cable to DVD and back again. Sometimes I go back and forth just for the heck of it. Took me less than a week to figure it out. ( not bragging, just stating a fact.)

Ah, the magic of Xmas.......

I have also been reading and listening to a whole lot of Caroline Myss, which is having a huge impact on just about every part of my life, in all seriousness, can't recommend her strongly enough, but I am thinking Malena knows much more about her writings and wisdom than I do at this point, and we might have to move over to her website for an indepth discussion, but trust me, the women knows of what she speaks. ( both Malena and Ms Myss ) It's a good time of the year for some wisdom, change and knowlage.

Note: If you have been having too much wisdom , change , knowlage and Holiday Family Stress , and need a really delightful romp with something fun, go and buy Carrie Vaughn's Kitty and the Midnight Hour and Kitty Goes to Washington. You'll be glad you did. Hey, Hot Werewolf with a radio show, what's not to love?

I have no pictures tonight for you , but I will try and get some up this week, ( of the vacuum of nothing else.) I do have many best wishes, lots of cheer, all my love, and hopes and prayers for everyone of you , for this holiday.

And the rest of the year.

May it bring you all the joy you have ever dreamed of.

Love, Music and Magic, Lorraine

8 Comments:

At 11:17 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Merry times, peace, prosperity and all things of wonder and magic be yours and your loved ones now and throughout the coming year to everyone here on the board.

and may all your vacuums suck.

 
At 11:25 AM , Blogger Stardustgirl said...

Ah, vaccum cleaners! I have a reputation for being able to fell one with a single touch. I don't know what it is, but they just don't function with me at the controls: belts come off, things jam, etc. I want a Roomba, but would feel bad if I accidentally caused its demise.

Have a splendiferous holiday!

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

merry x-mas all. and joyous Saturnalia.

I wish you all only the best.

 
At 8:32 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Saturnalia!
Wonderful!!
Thank you!! It's been a nice one and I've had no problem with my super sucker vacuum cleaner! Got all the tinsel up!!
As I believe in the great spirit I combine family tradition with different seasonal traditions. We light a menorah, put up a tree, burn a yule log and celebrate kwaanzaa. (anything but those damnable inflatables!!) It is, to me, a season of keeping the spirit of light during a time of darkness and embracing that darkness as a time to recoup and recount. And lots of darkness provides intimate time with one's mate...the seeds are planted for the new beginnings of spring. Hope everyone's holiday was as magickal as mine. Love to you all and a poignant holiday!

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger K said...

Happy Everything!

(My vacuum cleaner has an easy life; all it has to contend with is not choking on my shed hair!)

We are having a good if peaceful first ever Christmas together... though tomorrow we will be spending seven hours on a train. Cross your fingers for us!

 
At 12:50 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Wehoooo. Happy Holidays! I've missed all of you. Tell me about your trips! I was feeling icky too, Ravyn. All that food and traveling.
Talk to you soon LaMies!

 
At 2:58 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I may have that same vacuum cleaner; or, at least, I have learned that very same lesson vis-a-vis opening at the bottom and dumping dirt all over the floor.

 
At 5:37 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Luckily I got the Scooba for Christmas, so now my Roomba vacuums and my Scooba scrubs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home