Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Vampire Chic

Well, this is not that interesting of a blog. I just missed you all and wanted to say hi. I've been going going going thse days. A photoshoot sooooths my head. I seem to be getting this undead thing down to a science. Miles is doing the sequel to "Demon Hunter" as you know. "Vampire Hunter" is coming along quite nicely. I got to play the dead victim again. No one would believe it, but my day goes something like this...

wake up at 6, get my Bean ready for school
get packages ready to send off
answer emails
go to the famer's market
come home, make dinner
read sides from the movie I'm working on/auditioning for
go to improv
go to dance class (music videos)
email Fablo at least 5 times
do a photoshoot with Miles as a Vampire Queen (or an innocent victim who becomes one)
Not to mention dishes and laundry. ...oh and yoga it there's time.
Otherwise, I go hiking in the woods at night. I always tell Miles and Bean,
"Don't worry, I'm the scariest thing out there."
(I go incognito like a badly dressed, pissed off security gaurd)

What a day I've had. It's been lovely though. The farmers market was great. Lots of fresh healthy food. I had time to think about what I wanted to do for these videos. I have to say, I can't be a righteous ass kicken babe in all of them. This has been a hard reality for me to accept. I always fantasize about sneaking around in a catsuit with guns strapped on my legs... That and being a fairy are top on the list. Could I seem more multiple personality disorder to you? Hee hee

All the songs I write are about fairies or viscious dead tortured things. Lorraine however is quite the songwriter/poet.. Me, I sing and shake my ass. As you can see here, I was doing it as the tender age of about 4. I haven't changed much have I?


8 Comments:

At 10:19 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

what!
we are TOO decked out long shimmery nightgowns and tiny elves are brushing our flowing locks and they have just popped us some calorie-free popcorn. oh! and now they have brewed us some hot chocolate...
ok back to reality, we are beat up from buying furniture & building furniture & moving furniture (you should hear Lolo's kung-fu chi yell, it is a deathblow by voice!)

saturday will find us doing a justin timberlake field trip @ the Xcel center & viewing "Blood & Chocolate" the book of which FabLo holds dear to hear heart (& is a little concerned about what the silver screen may do to her memories)

...there is snow on the ground and great love in my heart. It really is wonderful to be here.

yoo hoo elves! bring us some marshmallows for our mugs!

 
At 11:13 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

This blog is almost always the most uplifting part of my day. No complaints about my day mind you... just... you guys rock!!

I have been missing all of you guys, achingly. Sending you positive thoughts and much gratitude.

I haven't been able to get my claws on Demon Hunter yet and Vampire Hunter sounds intriguing too... btw.. have any of you seen either of the Vampire Hunter D movies? Yoshitaka Amano's character art on the latter movie is simply inspirational. (but then he often is) I was wondering if Miles had seen it. There is an Anime Music Video based on that movie... probably my favorite AMV yet. You can find it on YouTube at ... er well... apparently YouTube is down right now... (but I think you can normally find it if you search for 'vampire hunter amv')

Those are great pix Malena, I love to walk in the woods... but alas, I have few woods nearby, I wish you safety and peace... Kitty and Lorraine, I hope you have myriad wild adventures and frollicking delights in gossamer house-craft land. You all inspire great love in my heart.

 
At 4:39 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

How could Miles have not seen Vampire Hunter D, rubius? It's a classic. ^_^

Enjoy your shimmering nightgowns and tiny elves, ladies!

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger Malena said...

God I love you girlies. Due to the frost, all my witchy plants died. So, I replanted the courtyard, ALONE...while singing "Man of Action". I can only wonder what my neighbors think. Miles comes out with a bewildered look on his face and says,
"Baby! You are gardening in rhinestone jeans, a skull shirt, and beaded thongs?"
And I said,
"Of course, I did take off my wedding ring though."

He was proud. Yes folks, this is the place where were all go to "let it all hang out" We after all are, a "band blog" Bands can be crazy and get away with it. Bands can say all kinds of things like,
"Let's Fix Democracy in This Country First"

and it's called artistic expression, not political rhetoric.

Ain't our blog grand? Oh, and what about the bon bons, you Angels? They said I had to be Farrah because I'm not there. I'm not going there, you don't want me to....

Girls! CHOCOLATE baby!Go to Legacy while you're there Kitty! The spirit of the goddess LIVES in that place I swear. Well, at least Lady Godiva. I miss you two Devas. I miss you all.

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger Malena said...

BTW, Chris says there IS a chance I might get to be a fairy in one of the videos. Angel of Death, Hmmmm????

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

I was with you on the beaded thongs, Ms. Fabulous.

Unfortunately, The Dixie Chicks weren't allowed artistic expression. :(

Fairies with butterfly wings and fangs works for me, but then I've read the Merry Gentry books by Laurell K. Hamilton. Remember that in "Fairyland" not all is as it seems.

Why not chanteuses a la "Cabaret?" You could even include the wings and fangs. Wings, fangs, bowlers, and fishnet hose...what's not to love. ;)

And Kitty is now "The Mystery Assistant." ::giggle::

 
At 8:24 PM , Blogger kali_licious said...

Heehee, I suspected that Ms. Kitty would be the mystery assistant.

I miss all of ya'll here. Hopefully I'll have regular net service soon.

 
At 8:30 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

heh...
I can only imagine...
I don't have near te obligations that you do and my schedule is crazy.

Hey, in response to a previous post of yours, my now too large corsets are mostly 34s. I have the van helsing and that lovely blue trimmmed one with the swirls. I have two others as well.

I am glad your doing well. Miss ya!

vanda

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home