Thursday, March 01, 2007

Soundtracks and Shootings

Good News for LaM!!!!! Mike Watt of Happy Cloud Pictures just finished a film called, Abattoir. Which is good news both for him, and for us.Some months ago Mike asked if he could use some of our music from MIRROR MIRROR in the film and soon you will be able to hear Dark Sonnet playing through the credits at the end. We are very happy to have our favorite song ending a film about Vampyres. What could be better, really? Congrads to Mike!!!!

Over the years, I have come to the realization that I am a night person. (Thank God my film is shooting at night this weekend) It is after all the full moon! To bad tough b**** cops aren't usually were-creatures. I'll have to save my fabulous fangs for a Kitty photo shoot. Yes, she and Rainbow Brite are going to be partying with Hera WITHOUT me! Can you believe it? The gall of those girls! hee hee !!!!!!

Other than a full plate of work, I'm just trying to get buff for our video shoot in April. In addition to being nocturnal, I am also quite a carnivore. Not by choice of course. How sad is it to be allergic to soy products? That blows being a vegan out of the water now doesn't it? For two years now, I have been eating salad, trail mix and meat. After the video shoot, we ARE DEFINITELY going to get some chocolates. Just a few, say 12 each? mwuuuuuaaa ha ha haaaaaaaa!

Fablo has gotten her hair done RED . FIRE engine red. In my high school days, I colored my hair every shade of what I call, the BRUISE pallet. Now, I just stick to my natural black. That way I don't have to do anything but wash and wear. Black hair does NOT color easily. Miss Fabulous just sent me a photo booth pic and her hair is gorgeous! I begged her to go bleached blonde, but I think red looks just as rockstar and is easier to maintain.

Yes, our little folk fiddler is looking rather urban these days. She tells me a story about when she returned from LA to play a gig with Lojo. Lojo said how movie glam she looked and Lorraine said, "I'm in a band with a glamorous movie star. What do you expect?"

Glamorous Movie Star???? I'll be lucky if I get my hair straightened and ready for the camera. I always think about the character as a real person. I couldn't give a *&^* less if I'm glamorous or not. I'm always telling Miles, "I want to be the homeless person, the retarded girl, the crazy mental patient."He looks at me and says, "With that body and that face, it will never happen honey! You'll be fighting against dominatrix, hooker and bad girl roles for at least another 15 years."

Leave it to Miles to say it like it is huh?

I am off for my weekend shoot on the movie, and I will leave you with the Photo Booth shot of our little Red Fiddler! ( now go and take some real shots , Fabulous Red, at your gig tonight!!!!! )

Movies, Magic and RED,
Malena


12 Comments:

At 8:43 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

little red riding hood.
oh, how i ADORE the red. as you girls well know, i have a thing for redheads, have always, will always. the redder, the better.

got a tattoo yesterday with miss Jozie, we both got anchors to ground ourselves. of course she got hers on her hip (!!) so she can wear slit miniskirts on stage to show it off---me, on my ankle, closest to the ground
.
heading for the snow tonight, and can't wait to be snowed in with the icelandic songbird and lil' red riding hood. i shall be the wolf kitten.
Malena, i agree with Miles, BUT if anyone can break out of a mold it is you, my precious. go get 'em, tiger!

 
At 8:53 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Looks like sneaky Miss Movie Star beat me to posting the Red Riding Hood photo! Who would have thought she would be up this early?

( Miss Kitty, you won't be dissapointed, it is actually MUCH redder than it looks there! )

Sometimes I really want a tattoo. Kind of like I sometimes want a dog. Nice idea, but I think it would end badly. Our little Wolf Kitten looks great in them tho, so I may have a think about it....

Good Luck this weekend, Malena! Fangs or no, go and kick some bad guy butt!!!!!!

Kitty see YOU at SIX AM tomorrow!

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Congrats on having Dark Sonnet in the soundtrack of that movie !
Nathalie

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger kali_licious said...

At the risk of a terrible pun, I gotta say that the red is well, fabulous! I bet it's brighter in the sunlight too.

Lorraine I have a tattoo, and I'm an utter wimp about pain. (The scary thing is, I want another one.) The key is really thinking about your design, and deciding on a good place for it. Oh, and having a friend there for moral support helps.:)


But if you're completely averse to pain, you could always just use henna.;)lol

 
At 12:58 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Beautiful beautiful Lorraine!!! The colour looks lovely on you, and that is a nice sly grin too. I tried to stay red like that in highschool, and I enjoyed purple in uni... but it was such trouble to maintain.. Nowadays I keep thinking maybe I will go back to red again... but it took soooo long to get my natural colour back.

I figure I am far to changable right now to decide on one image to last for a lifetime.

and I must agree with Kitty... if anyone can do it you can Mistress Movie Star!!

And a HUGE congrats about having my favourite song used in Abattoir (yeah Vampyres).

as a side note I had the week before last off and was sick the whole time so I hung out and read Hambly Vampire books (thanks for the recommendation Ravyn) and the novel behind Vampire Hunter D... lets just say the feverish dreams from the cold were terribly interesting that week. hehehe

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Ugh, Ms. Marvelous. A soy allergy is almost as bad as a corn allergy. Soy is a hidden ingredient in so many foods, including chocolates (soy lecithin). I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to be vegan; you'd have to give up all those leather corsets and shoes, not to mention any silks other than tussah silk. I'm not against veganism, it's just not for me.

That's great about "Dark Sonnet" being the music for the closing credits in _Abbatoir_! And, when you can, you'll have to tell us more about your movie. ;)

The photo does not do your hair justice, Ms. Fabulous. I see it as closer to auburn, instead of fire engine red. I am sure that Miss Kitty will take some photos that show your fire. :)

I have a friend that didn't get a tattoo until just after her 50th birthday. It is a tribal style dragon about 6" long on her upper arm. It's not something I'm ready to do, not when there are less permanent options; however, I am somewhat fascinated by tattoos.

Have fun, and stay warm!

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

I'm not afraid of the pain of a tattoo, just the permandency. I can't even keep my hair the same for more than a month or two....

Miss Kitty will be taking photos, and lots of them I hope.

The gig last night was oodles of fun, high energy from the first set all the way thru. ( THAT won't be happening on ST Pats Day! ) It went way long, but as we were charging $10 a song for everything after our stopping point, we were so ok with that.

( that trick doesn't work often, but when they jump on the bandwagon, so to speak, its a lot of fun for everyone )

Auburn is a nice word, but this hair be RED!

 
At 1:14 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

The Lady in red! Love the hair Miss Fab! You will also enjoy living life as a red head, beats being a blond anyday! I have auburn hair (even though most people call me a strawberry blond). Thanks to your boss, I stopped blow drying my hair straight and just allow my mass of curls do their own thing! I now enjoy more male attention then I did when I was a slave to my blow dyer and hot curlers! Don't be afriad to play with your image! You look so glam! I can't wait to see the photos that Miss Kitty takes of you and your new hair! Enjoy the energy of the full moon! Namaste!

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Malena said...

I just got back from my shoot. I rolled in at 3 am. It was really fun though. At one point I lost my temper and started strangling the inmate I was questioning. The script supervisor jumped out of her seat. I can't wait to fire the machine gun. (I must have been a man in another life) Ewwww, can't do it. A Drag Queen? YES!

 
At 3:25 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Malena, you as a drag queen? No can't picture that. But you as a warrior Amazon Queen, now that's I can see! My raven hair goddess, I can understand why you are being type cast as a beautiful vamp, beautiful witch, beautiful evil queen the word is beautiful! You are not the wholesome girl next door type.
Years ago, after I was force to stop dancing I was enaged to a casting agent and he enrolled me into acting classes at UCLA. I dreamed of acting in roles like Hedda Gabler & Medea but the only paying role I ever got was as Lucy Browne in Three Penny Opera. I was considered too exotic looking and I don't have that beautiful figure and face your have! I feel your pain but count your blessings that you are beautiful!
Namaste!

 
At 3:21 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

LOVE the hair, Lorraine! Hope Kitty made it there safe and sound.

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you guys very much for the congratulations! I've reached the stage where I can no longer judge my movie objectively, seeing only the flaws, but I must say that "Dark Sonnet" works so beautifully as the "summation" of Abattoir. I can't wait for you guys to see it. It's a very off-beat style of vampire film - we tried to capture as much Hammer Horror atmosphere as possible. I can't express my, or my producer/star Amy Lynn Best's, gratitude for allowing us the use of your beautiful song.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home