Friday, June 10, 2005

Malena the Mom

Malena MOM

My daughter is having her 12th birthday today. It's a sleep over of course. I've got 8 little tweens running about, singing and giggling to high heaven. What a day!

I love being a Mom. It's so funny when a little girl comes up to me and says,
"How old are you? About 22?" Then, when I tell her how old I really am she says,
"Like.. Oh my Gosh! NO way! That's old!"

Only a 10 year old could think 32 is old. But I remember the days when I thought the same thing.Haaaaaaa

I don't understand this, "Don't tell your age" business. I love getting older and wiser. I am so SO SO much happier than I was at 22. As women, we must celebrate ourselves, not cut ourselves and each other down. We are the creators of life. It is our job to be loving examples of compassion and light. If not you, then WHO?

Lorraine is a good example of a strong woman. One day, we were checking into a hotel. We walked up to the counter and she told the customer service person what we needed. I can't tell you how differently we were treated once she opened her mouth. Due to her confidence and poise, we were treated like Queens. People take their cues from YOU on how you want to be treated. So, if you are feeling like no one listens to you, look at your body language. It's a big indicator of how you feel inside. One of our favorite saying is from Ghostbusters when Bill Murray says,
"If someone asks you if you are a God, say YES!"

So, get out there and work it girls! Show the world what beautiful, bright, amazing, empowered beings you are! Don't be shy, time is a wasten'!

Love you all

Momma Malena

8 Comments:

At 10:59 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Wait. Can I tell them I'm a god even if they don't ask??

Happiest birthday to Miss Mini Medium Cool.

 
At 10:26 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Heh. Then I must be ancient. I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 19 month old, and I'm 43. Granted, when my mother was my age, she had a 3 year old grand daughter (my oldest niece), and I was 12.

Anyway, I hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday!

And why not tell them you're a goddess, even if they don't ask. ;)

 
At 11:03 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

hello mistress o' the woods-
Kitty here, just wanted to get a line into your comments, it is so true what you have said, grab your fairy glamour up around you and present who you are. Whatever age we happen to be, it should not affect us all so much, we are the ones who can reject/accept this & it is our responsibility
to pass this on, thanks for getting things started-
see you soon, signing off from the Dream Ranch
"there is no Dana, only Zul"
ps tell teeny Med Cool hello from me

 
At 2:51 AM , Blogger K said...

I think age is completely relative. In my head I'm about 15 and am still startled when people say to their kids "Let the lady get past" and realise they mean me!

At work I get to play junior miss, because everyone else happens to be older. My brother (five years younger) refers to me as "old and mouldy" - but friends of his have been known to ask if I'm younger than him.

How old am I really? 25. But mostly I have the dress sense of a tomboyish ten-year-old, so can't really lay claim to any fairy glamour. I'm saving that for my thirties (and maybe my wedding next year. If you can't look like a mediaeval princess at your wedding, when can you?)

 
At 2:56 AM , Blogger K said...

Oh, and happy birthday to Ms Cool, Jr.

 
At 9:18 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Lorraine... I've been sitting on this cliffhanger of yours for a couple of days now, and now that I've decided it's not intentional, will you please tell us what you said?

I really actually do want to know.

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger Kate said...

And this is the part where I realize if I'd read carefully I might have figured that out for myself, and accordingly look sheepish.

Right. Of course that's what you meant; thank you.

(And then slinks off to drink more coffee and wake up in a sort of cosmic, tuning-into-the-world kind of way.)

 
At 3:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home