Friday, June 03, 2005

Wild, Witchy and Worn out

I didn't know being sick was this much fun... sitting here on the couch talking about music, fashion and all things faye with Miss. Fabulous. Ahhhhhhh, if only our bodies could keep up with our minds this weekend. Lorraine seems to think I am quite magic and I think the same of her. We often say,
"I wish I saw myself the way you see me. Cosmo would be calling you baby!"



So, through the weekend we DO plan to work on some songs. I've been belting out Isobel for a few months and I am finally hearing the way it should be sung. I wish we had a way to share all this with you NOW! RIGHT NOW!
These songs take you to another place. When I sing, I forget where I am or what is around me and I live in that dream space the song created. We have two sonnets for the CD; Sonnet in the Dark and Dark Sonnet. Catchy-inventive-cool titles ah? We like em'!
Dark Sonnet is one of the new songs Neil wrote for the album. The last line reads,
"I really don't know what I love you means, I think it means don't leave me here alone."

I leave you with those words to think about. Take care of each other. Be true to yourselves and never stop dreaming. The only way to manifest your dreams is to live in the NOW...savor the moment for soon your mind will create another.

Love you all!
Malena

4 Comments:

At 4:12 PM , Blogger K said...

How lovely that you're coming to Scotland! I feel oddly honoured.

I wish I could hear Isobel too, but I think it is highly cool that you have two songs which are sonnets. As they taught us at school, "sonnet" originally meant just that: little song. I love poetry but cannot remember ever having heard any sonnets sung, or sung any myself. Which is sad.

(Next week there is a concert of John Donne's poems set to music, in St Paul's Cathedral in London. Many of them were originally songs but have not been sung since the seventeenth century! I wish I could go, but there is no way...)

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

You can hear Isobel SOON, just as soon as we can get the cd done. It's set in Scotland, and a big part of our wanting to come over and find out more had to do with hearing that song.

I would love to be able to hear the concert at St Paul's, I wish you could go and tell us, I love John Donne's poetry and hearing it to music would be wonderful!

These sonnets are truly beautiful and sad and happy and full of love and all things true, all at the same time, I can't wait to record them....

 
At 10:15 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Actually, Malena just pointed out to me , that I am useing her computer and signed in here as HER and so my comments are coming as if from her. If that makes sense. Any way, this last one was me, Lorraine, tho Malena says she would have said the same thing.

SO there. We now return you to your....

 
At 1:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home