Thursday, June 02, 2005

Garden Fops and Glasses

Good Morning All!

Yes, the Terrible Illness of Doom at long last seems to be slinking away with only the odd cough and sniffle now and then, it seems I may yet live.

The Garden is done and actually growing. Not much has died and some of the 42 tomatos actually seem to be growing ( no, we don't mess around with tomatos, hot peppers either ) I have white, black, purple, striped , red and yellow ones. ( Hmm..Sound like my HAIR for goodness sake ) but the little lovelies will be mightly fine as salsa, soup or just canned. I have 13 hills of Pumkins From Around The World too. More on those if they grow.

Chris the Fop is a wonderful gentleman. He looks like Tim Curry. Kind of SOUNDS like Tim Curry and is a gardener par excellence. He used to play a Fop charecter in a Fop Court out at the MN Renn Fest, hence the name. Everyone should have a Garden Fop around to help and he is pretty stylin with the fashion tips too. ( he had his roommate make me Pajammas out of what he called " the single coolest material ever" flannel with martinis all over them they are ) I have passed onto Chris the Fop the Famous Glasses that John Scalzi found for me in Madison, as clearly they did not belong to me. ( they may not belong to anyone and the kindest thing we might be able to do is put them out of thier misery ) John seems to think we should post pictures of these Glasses, and I certainly will, but I must warn him that the only picture I have of them is HIM wearing the little darlings....I'll get Malena to show me how later today. If Christopher sends me a picture of himself, I'll post that too, with or without the Glasses of Doom.

Oh, yes, someone had asked about how does one pronounce " Malena" and it is Malena like " rain " , not like " seen". She told me once where it came from but I can't for the life of me remember, I'll let her adress the issue when next she posts.

I am off to see her actually in about 15 minutes. Just for the weekend, but I am most excited, music, sunshine, lemons as big as your head, I do love California. ( tho come to think on it Anywhere would be wonderful if she was there, and wanted to play music with me , I care not )

Talk to you soon!
Fops and Lemons and Gardens Galore,
Lorraine

6 Comments:

At 6:29 AM , Blogger K said...

Thank you! I hoped it was pronounced that way (so the band name would rhyme).

Have fun in California (looks out at Edinburgh rain and sighs)...

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Everyone should grow stripey tomatoes. Or hair. And hair.

Glad you're feeling better.

 
At 6:37 PM , Blogger Stardustgirl said...

If you want, you can just post the link I sent to you with the glasses image and not worry about re-uploading it anywhere. I didn't post it since I hadn't asked John.

Have a ball - and remember El Pollo Loco. Best fast food ever. And I usually hate fast food.

 
At 6:38 PM , Blogger Stardustgirl said...

Oh... and "garden fop" makes me think of making some super-stylish scarecrow..... :-D

 
At 10:14 AM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

It may be raining in Scotland but how cool you are there, K! Malena and I are planning on coming over to Scotland in the next year to work on things for the second cd, neither of us has ever been, tho our producer Adam, spends time there every year.

Stripey tomatoes are the best for cooking. Hair is not so good for cooking, hee-hee....I must be feeling better, I think all this Sunshine is doing me good.

I'll see what I can do about linking up to these Glasses of Doom pics, Malena has the links in her e-mail, but she is not such an early riser as I. John shouldn''t mind , he looks GREAT . Uh, more or less..

 
At 2:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Voip totally free calls malaysia Blackberry nextel Free blog software

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home