Monday, May 16, 2005

In the midst of Great Entertainers

Watching Garrison Keillor perform was a very surreal moment for me. Everything was improv and everything was perfect with his performance. Instantly I knew I was in the room with a master. (Kinda makes you nervous knowing your up next. hee hee)
However I had my secret weapon, Fabulous Lorraine. I must tell you, there IS a reason why people call her that. It's not just some stupid self worshipping stage name, in case you were wondering. Lorraine is a mixture of Bette Midler and Janis Joplin. And I would say that about her even if I hated her! So you KNOW I'm set on the stage. Yeah baby! We're set up like Penn and Teller. She's the mouth, I'm the silent smiler. Hey, it works.

The crowd was lovely. The type of crowd you want to give your ultimate best to. Tea and Corpses was my personal favorite of the evening. And as an added bonus, Lorraine's Boss took some digital footage of us. Yeah! When I was flying home I met this Oracle computer wiz who showed me how to upload our MPG. Hey when your doing something inspired, blessings just come out of the sky. And they do with this project.... Every day. I'll give you another example, The Tim Malloys have offered to play with us. Let me explain the true grandeur of this offering to you. The Tim Malloys consists of two ****ing cool amazing musicians, Adam Stemple and John Sjogren. Man can those two teach me a thing or two about performing, and I hope they will.
So here I sit, writing away on my computer in L.A. contemplating the wonder I was involved in this weekend. I am still in awe.
I must now return to potions and lotions, readings and roses, and practicing fine music over a video cam.

Malena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home