Monday, May 02, 2005

Time of Contemplation

I have always been regarded as a "stubborn optimist"...someone who sees the silver lining in the worst of adversity. HOWEVER, I met my match with Lorraine. Being around her had made me realize what a negative, faithless mortal I can be..more often than I'd like to admit.
That's what good friends do. They help you grow and move past your limitations. I'm going to make Lorraine keep her "Best Friend/Mentor" title for Eternity. Lorraine has opened a door for my vocal creative expression to flow through and I am so thankful. Every day something miraculous happens with this project. EVERY DAY! I don't know why we are still amazed! He hee

These songs will pull you out of your reality and enchant, bewilder and seduce you. When I started learning the songs I saw how perfectly they meshed with my hopes, dreams, and fears. For example the lines from Dark Sonnet,
"I really don't know what I love you means, I think it means don't leave me here alone."
That song always brings tears of contentment to my eyes.

Wow! How often does one get an opportunity to sing songs like this? Yeah, You KNOW I'm running with it. I have two speeds..off and 200 mph.
I'm so glad you are all coming along for the ride. I hope the music gives you goosebumps too! I get them every time.
Love,
Malena

4 Comments:

At 9:48 AM , Blogger Olga Nunes said...

We understand that type of wonderful friendship completely! (and YAY for CORSETS!!)

--sarah and olga (aka BATMAN and ROBIN)

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Really really really really can't wait for the CD.

If we call it "dude" will it get here faster?

:D

Kate

 
At 4:14 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Kate as in Katie and Carli?
I love this talking back and forth business. Isn't it great to live in a time where technology allows us to communicate with all our friends at the same time? Yeah.

 
At 9:43 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Hmm... no, Kate as in Kate and Becca and spamming you in email with song lyrics and things like that. And for the record I found the blog off your website *before* Neil mentioned it, just so I'm not mistaken for a kate-come-lately. Or latelier.

OK, about Dude. As long as it's the Secret Heart nickname. I'm OK with that. Are we there yet?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home