Sunday, April 24, 2005

All dressed up and everywhere to go!

I used to wonder, with a certain amount of envy , why my bandmate Emma from the Flash Girls , and then our friend Kitty Cat and now Malena, all always seemed to be so perfectly dressed. All three of them had the coolest clothes, and funnest things, things I had never seen in the midwest, let alone could afford to buy. Magic, wonderful, beautiful, cool , hip , funky, fun wonderful clothes. Sigh, I would say, to myself, I guess I just don't have it in me.

Well, now I know the secret. Now I know. Two words people: Fashion District. Ye gads, block after block of shops right in downtown LA ( maybe downtown LA, I am a little hazy yet on the geography out here in LA yet ) of the funnest shops ever. Things I have seen in the Midwest, for three and four times the price, for sale right on the sidewalk. You can buy long velvet capes with lace in deep purple velvet. ( yes, I did ) green silk dresses, long swirling skirts , velvet pants, the best scarf EVER for your friend Betsy Stemple's B'day and the coolest belly dancing belt sewn all over with sparkling things, coins and a floor lenth net skirt and silver jewels. ( all of them I did )

And more. I am sure of it. There is a pile of clothes in Malena's sewing room, which I have taken over, the size of a small hut. And I am not yet broke. Tho I would be if I lived here, no doubt about it. Might well be why Emma moved to Arizonia.

Of course Malena bought quite a few wonderful things as well, ( Jacket: silk, red and black, feathers, sparkling things , still in awe I am ) so I am certain never to catch up, and I have no doubt when we see Kitty Cat tomorrow night that she will also be dressed most elegantly, but then, for once, so will I.

And when I go back to the Midwest, and work in the garden, file books in the library or stop by the farm store, I myself, will no doubt be the best dressed girl going. Oh yes!

Love and light and cool clothes for all!

Lorraine