Monday, June 20, 2005

Birthdays and Rock-n-roll

Here I am now in lovely LA and we did have a wonderful time last night for Malena's Birthday. Ah the Parties, the Movie Stars , the Rock-n-roll non-stop folk-music jam with Motley Crue until dawn...Ok maybe not, so maybe we just went to dinner with Malena's family and the lovely Miss Kitty, but I must say, we picked the better Plan. We had dinner at my new favorite place, called Inn of the 7th Ray. I think that's the name. Anyway, they sure do know how to cook duck, and the place itself looks like I had always imagined Rivendell to look and had the same sort of peace I had always thought Bilbo found there.....I think it will remain one of my favorite California memories for some time to come. ( unless that folk-music jamm with Motley Crue comes off....)

I gave Malena a Skull-bobbing-head salt and pepper shaker set for her present. I don't know how to describe them any better than that, but you can find them sometimes on e-bay or little shops, and they sit in a stand and , well, bob at you , grinning like maniacs. Someone once told me they were made back in the Victorian times, and were once quite poular. Ah, those wacky Victorians....

I also gave her some plane tickets so that she could come back out in August and sit in with Folk UnderGround. Folk UnderGround, or FU for short are playing again at the Half Time Rec in St Paul August 3rd thru the 6th and Malena will be with us on the Saturday the 6th all night long. ( A little trial by fire never hurt anyone....) She will also get to expeirence "Load up the PA at 3:00am" that night, and we will then spend the rest of the week harvesting tomatos and scaring the raccoons away from the corn in hopes we will actually get to eat some this year.

Today we practice for the cd.

Do we know how to have a good time or what?

Love and music, Lorraine from LA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home