Sunday, January 13, 2008

Seven Hags and a Bath of Lead Await You....



I went and saw Boiled in Lead last night with Kitty, Kelli and Jen and had so very much fun! I hadn't seen them in a long time and it was beyond fun to get us all back together. It is their 25th Anniversary on St Pats this year. Even if you don't know them as a band, you have heard them. Dave, the fiddle player TAUGHT me to play Celtic Music a , uh, long, time ago. If you heard drums on Lorraine a' Malena or Flash Girls, that's Robin and I have done recording up at his studio in Northern Minnesota. ( oh, and check out this absoulutly wonderful vid by his band the Darbuki Kings , wonderful!!! ) . Todd has also played on Flash Girls cd's and we recorded his song " Sure of Me ". Drew introduced me to the whole Celtic/ Alt Celtic scene and his record company helped Folk Underground with our cd's.

Adam Stemple
, our producer from God, was in Boiled in Lead for some years. They have a new member, Dean McGraw, who is one of the best players going. I am not sure yet what influence he will have on my art, but I did ask him to marry me last night. He's just too darn cute.

( One note: we decided it would work if he could have 5 wives, which I said was ok if I could have five wives too. You know, sobriety is a strange thing, I never got myself into these messes back in my drinking days, hee-hee. )

They have a new cd coming out " Silver " ( Kitty shot the band last night for the photos for it. ) One of the songs " Death on Hennipen " ( by John Van Orman ) the Flash Girls recorded on our very first cd.

Family. It was good to be together again. And I got to have my first " Party" at the Spooky House after the show. ( Venus was not sure she approved until she discovered the band had all brought FOOD with MEAT along to eat )

Here's a shot from Kitty we did durning the break.....



As it is only a month away, and some of you will need to be coming from far away, ( Like FRANCE and SCOTLAND and CANADA ) I should announce that my Birthday is February 15th, a Friday. And Lojo and I will be playing a concert on Friday Night, and Paul and I on Saturday Night. It is a full on weekend Birthday Party and you are ALL invited!!!!!! Anyone who wants to come will be on the Guest List , of course ( not that there will be a cover, but it is the principle of the thing )

In other news, I have been accepted as a Foster Home by the Great Lakes Bengal Rescue Assoc. and am next in line for a Foster Kitty! I have turned an un-used room , which had been kind of a catch all closet, into Foster Kitty Heaven . I am very excited and hope I will be able to help some of these wonderful cats. Pictures as they happen!

And as no post will be complete for some time without New Kitty Pictures, here you go. This is her with her brother, tag teaming a chair. I can't wait!!!!!



Love and Music,
Lorraine

18 Comments:

At 10:04 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Is there anything cuter than kittens at play! What a darling photo of your kittens!
By the way, great photo of three goddesses but except for you (how can I miss you with that beautiful, long, red mane of yours) I have no idea who is whom. Which one is Jen and which one is Kelli? All of you look so lovely!

 
At 4:29 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

You're not expecting anybody to come all the way from Italy?
And here's me looking at flights...
:)

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Actually, someone from Italy is exactly what I'd like for my birthday...

 
At 10:46 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

you have someone from Canada already coming... whee heeehehehehehehe

ah the trouble sobriety will get you into...

cute kits!!!!

 
At 11:17 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Yes, you are coming and this makes me happy!

Weird day today... I am sure you know by now we have some friends going thru some really bad things. All I can say is my heart is with them...

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

I check your blog more often then anyone else's these days, but I know what you mean and I am saddened to hear about the accident. That's a hard blow, and close to home. Your friends and their families have my sympathies.

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Oh dear, that is terrible news indeed. My sympathies as well, for what they're worth.

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Yes, terrible news, my heart goes out to all the involved families, very sad and tragic. Hope you guys are all doing ok out there Lorraine, that can certainly make for a strange and unsettled day.

On a brighter note, congrats on becoming a foster kitty mom! Good for you, and it will bring you much joy I am sure. You are quite the inspiration, acting on your resolutions -Yey Lorraine!

 
At 6:52 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

I am home with Venus now, and she says anyone who cmes to my B'day Party will be on the Best Dressed List, simply by showing up. The event isthat cool.

( actually, she is running up and down me demandng dinner...same thing )

 
At 10:21 PM , Blogger Hera said...

I've been reading too..
sympathies to you in these crazy sad times...
..
We almost had 10 bengal kittens in the music video
(but there was a vaccination problem with so many)
- ended up with puppies instead..
(it's only two weeks away now..)
when do we get to see yours? ;) very exciting....

I will be having a slice of cake on the 15th and thinking of all of you :) wish I could be there :)
xoxox!

 
At 10:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You know, Con of the North (a gaming con) is that same weekend in the Cities. So I might actually be able to celebrate your birthday with you for the first time in far too many years. And I think I have a few years of birthday presents for you, too. (Lightswitch covers, for instance.)

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Sad news, indeed. ::sigh::

Anyway...would you believe that I remember Todd Menton from his Celtic Stone days at Scarborough Faire in Waxahachie, TX? It really is a small world, isn't it. :)

I probably won't be able to make it to your birthday party, but I'll see what I can do. :)

 
At 5:28 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Lightswitch covers are still welcome....

It looks like Lojo and I will be playing on Valentines Day, then me and someone on my Birthday, then Paul and I for the Saturday...More on this as it develops....

 
At 7:24 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Coolness... concert city!!

 
At 12:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh noes... *considers*

Delaying the taking-over of our new house ... or booking flight for birthdayparty?

*sigh* Such hard choices.

 
At 6:23 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

sounds like the weekend will be a blast Lorraine - wish I could go, but my daughter's talent show contest at the high school(she choreographed her own dance, a blend of lyrical/hiphop) is that weekend. gah, how many weekends I sit here alone doing nothing, and the one time I have an event scheduled, another one pops up. Oh well, I will be thinking of you all having fun!

 
At 6:17 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

What I wouldn't give to be there for your birthday! We'll see; there's always a slim chance.

 
At 7:13 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

that would be extremely cool!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home