Friday, July 08, 2005

Country Advantages

Country Advantages

I have been rather blessed this trip in the wildlife department. I have (for the first time) seen bats, bunnies, and fireflies. I have also been so lucky as to eat fresh Sorel, a wonderfully lemon tasting lettuce. (Now I know FOR CERTAIN there is a God) Oh and Currants! Bill Steitler, the playwrite and husband of the birdchick, made us the best currant creme brulee' any city slicker could hope for. Oh yes, the country is a magic place. Tonight while driving home, we took more graveyard and tree angel photos. Of course, we've been taking photos of EVERYTHING but haven't had time to download them. WHen I get back to LA La land, I will be sure to post every stinking on of them. Speaking of stinking, I've never had so much fun being foul and unkept. Due to the intense tutoring sessions I've received from Adam, our brilliantly foul mouthed producer, Lorraine has decided to call me "Ssassy Pants". Mr. Gorgeous would be proud.


Speaking of foul mouthed Irish bands, we are having a broo-ha tomorrow night at Kierran's Pub in Minneapolis from 10-12 pm. Adam and Big Johnny have been kind enough to let me sit in and sing with them. I sang,
"Tango Till Their Sore" and "The Fox" the other night. BLAST! oh yes it was.....and we didn't mind kissing postcards for any and all. I learned that trick while modeling in Milan. Bella Modela!
However, lately I haven't been wearing lipstick. Can you believe it?

I would go on and on about how much I love the songs, but you know that already......everyone does. I can't have a conversation without mentioning the CD. So now Lorraine and I are off to sleep. We usually giggle until our ribs are sore...and then sleep..for a few hours at least. Tomorrow is my last day in the studio. :(

Music and Magic and sour cherries,

Malena

2 Comments:

At 9:44 AM , Blogger Faith Wanderer said...

HI!

This is Sara, one of the girls from Kierans who didn't have anything to say but is posting anyway :)

We were thrilled to see you guys last night even if you didn't get there until 11:30. We go see the Tim Malloys at the Half Time Rec on a semi-regular basis but I'd never been to Kierans before. I was awesome to hear Malena sing, I can't wait to hear the CD. It is going to be amazing.

Oh, I also wanted to thank Lorraine for the CD advice for the Drunken Uglies. They will stress out a lot less getting it ready for September rather than early/mid August.

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

HI Sara! We had a great time that night. I'm so glad you came up to us and said hello. We love that. The CD is really going to be fabulous. Stop by and say hello when we're in town.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home