Friday, July 08, 2005

Breakfast in Bed and Batman

It was certainly a fine idea to talk our fine talk about blogging our cd recording but once again here we are , trying to stay awake until, uh, dark at least....I had quite a few things to talk about and mention to everyone , but I swear that they are all gone but for this single thing I am recalling from my e-mail and the studio and work:

The wonderful Miss Kitty's Totally Cool Cat Batman caught his first Mouse! Batman might well be the coolest Kitty ever. More ont this as it develops.

Well, we have been taking fashion to new heights this week. Yes, studio wear, the glamour, the twinkles, the skirts, the...Smell. Actually when asked the other night if we wanted to come down to the club and sit in for a bit , we were all for it until we noticed exactly what we had on, and people, I am telling you , sloppy pants and tank tops, we would have BEEN there, this was, well, much worse. What goes thru ones mind early in the morning , getting up after way to little sleep , I never did think we could GET that tired, moderately fashion aware girls that we are. ( we were wa y to brain dead to go out anyway )

One thing I recall that was wonderful fun, was Convergence last weekend. What wonderful people and what a great time we did have!!!!!! Jody Wurl, who puts the Ooh-la-la back in Librarian , took care of us and helped us figure out what happened when, and Folk UnderGround , with Malena sitting in had a GREAT show.The other highlight for me was getting to hear Ten Seconds of Harmony seriously wonderful fun! We are going to link them up with our sight as soon as Malena gets back and if any of you 10 Second Dudes are reading this, stop by for some comments! You have the sort of wit that will feel RIGHT at home here! I'd hoped to invite them up for the last song to do a mosh pit ( little secret fantasy of mine ) but we had to end and didn't get to. My new goal and purpose in life is , yes, the Mosh Pit of Harmony Doom!!!!! We had some great fun later in the night running arund to the Parties with Eric Breece ( from 10 Seconds of Harmony and by way of being an old bandmate of mine, kid you not ) and his camera, and Paul from FU , as well as Jody, Sharon ( hot bridchick ) and Jody's friend ( WISH I could remember her name, another HOT librarian ) who were all wearing corsets, ( as was Malena of course )

( re-reading that sentence, I ought to clarify a little. Eric and Paul were NOT wearng corsets )

We have been tracking non-stop, and are almost done with all of Malena's bits, we ought to finish tomorrow, fingers crossed. We got all the tracks from Chris Ewen
and they are really really lovely. He is a musicial god and has made us an Underwater Haunted House that is the most beautiful and ghostly thing I have ever heard. He also added a Theramin track. Yes, that makes TWO theramin tracks, with TWO different players on one little Gothic Folk CD.

I've learned a lot these past two weeks, and once I have actual time next week, after I catch up on everything that has been waiting nicely, I will be able to tell you more about every little thing. ( who knows, I may get my brain back even... ) but for now, I'll leave with a few little bits of Wisdom I have picked up...

Never under estimate the power of Pastry in making an album.

Boys will tell you about really WEIRD things on the internet. Roll with it.

Never assume caffine will be THE answer for more than four or five days.

If you really sing out, like you never have before, you may find you have a really wonderful voice in there.

Bathing is overrated.

If you make your nocturnal vampire of a bandmate turkey sausages and pick her cherries off the tree and bring them to her as breakfast in bed, she will get up and come with you to the studio. Eventually.

Love and Music and Pastry,
Lorraine